Answer call using home button.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by moonandstar, Nov 11, 2009.

1. moonandstar macrumors member

Hi all,

Now that the cold has arrived and the weather has gotten cold wearing gloves is a neccesity.*
    My problem is when someone calls me by the time I take my iPhone out and take my gloves off the other person hangs up.*
    Also trying to take off gloves answer a phone while holding a cup of coffee is not the the easist of tasks to do.*
    Is there any app or hack which would allow me to answer the call by pressing the home button or the volume up down buttons.*
    A hardware solution is viable because you can answer a call using the handsfree button with the headphones.*
    Any ideas would be great.*
    Thanks in advance.*

moonandstar.*

2. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

3. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Either your nose, or a pair of headphones/bluetooth solution that has an answer/call button.*

I use a pair of Shure S4i headphones.*

Gives great sound for music, excellent isolation of background noise, and has a call/answer button that works with the Voice Control feature.*

HTH.*

What's with the *?* :D

4. moonandstar thread starter macrumors member

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This would be a great hack. I'm a skier and it sure would be nice to be able to answer my phone on the slopes without having to take off my gloves.

6. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I'd have to say that the bluetooth idea is probably the best. That way you don't have to fish around in your jacket to find your phone either with your gloves on.

If you happen to have the phone in your gloved hand your nose will work to slide. It takes some getting used to but it works. I'm serious. :D

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I agree that a hack to answer the phone with the home button would be great. I often find it tedious or inconvenient to slide to answer, and I haven't even started wearing gloves yet...

8. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

As silly as it looks, when necessary I use my nose. :eek:

9. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

10. moonandstar thread starter macrumors member

yeah it seems the nose "trick" is the best method....

it's just surprising with all the hacks that can be done with a jailbroken iphone this simple tweak is nowhere to be found... :confused:

moonandstar.

11. rappytaffy1 macrumors member

I would do that but scared that all the bacteria from my finger thats on the screen will form a giant zit on my nose. Worst place to get a zit

12. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

You'd be lucky if that's all you got. Cell phones are a breeding ground for bacteria.

This is an older article but the info still holds true. Especially with H1N1 going around these days it's not the safest thing to be doing.

bacteria on cell phones