Answer quickly if you can

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by groovdudeyo, Jan 12, 2009.

1. groovdudeyo macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

If my mom deletes songs from my itunes library because there bad can i download them again for free or do i have to buy them again?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Respect your mother's wishes and don't buy them again, because that is what you will need to do.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can't re-download purchased songs. If you are worried about that set your ipod to "manually manage music and videos" in itunes. That way if she deletes the music it will still stay on your ipod. Plus you shouldn't be buying music your parents don't want you to listen to, that is disrespectful. :)

4. groovdudeyo thread starter macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

She comes up with dirty interpretations of even the frendliest song.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Seems like something a high school boy would do... :D What song, might I ask? As an example.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That is what life is like. When you are older and have your own computer/more freedom you can listen to whatever you want. Until then you have to deal with it. At least she gave you an ipod/lets you buy music. Beggars can't be choosers. :D

7. groovdudeyo thread starter macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

8. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Just looked over the lyrics, NOTHING DIRTY, geez mom harsh much? I remember when I was 13 or 14 and my parents took away my Blink 182 CD's but those WERE dirty on some songs but MCR isn't that bad.

9. reubs macrumors 68000

If I delete something out of my library and then sync my iPod, I get a message asking if I want to transfer the purchased songs from the iPod back into the library.

However, since this is a parent/child thing, ask your mom what she finds so offensive about the music. Instead of going behind her back try to find out why it bothers her, and then you tell her why you listen to it. At least then there will be at least some semblance of communication taking place.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I would solve the root problem, not just avoid it. Talk with your mom. Fixes the problem long term instead of short.

11. rubbar macrumors newbie

Some of you act like you've never been forbidden to buy "that" cd. Chances are if the mother is that irrational about the music--talking to her won't help. Unfortunately the only thing I can tell you to do wait, the older you get the better she is.

12. Funplex macrumors regular

Hate to be a buzzkill, but your mum has final say, lol.

I second SnowLeopard2008--- discuss it with her.

13. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

Just dont listen to 50 cent, Tupac, Snoop Cat, etc. :p