Answer Tones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobbRock, Jul 31, 2008.

1. RobbRock macrumors member

RobbRock

Hey guys Im not sure if this has been asked already but do the answer tones with att work with the 3G Iphone?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

To the best of my knowledge, Answer Tones are done by the carrier, so they are not hardware specific.

TEG

3. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Answer Tones? Like Verizon's ring back? If so AT&T does not have it and I'm glad they don't that stupid thing annoys me I hate having to listen to a song against my will.

4. ACKRITE macrumors member

ACKRITE

AT&T absolutely DOES have Answer Tones. I've had them on my AT&T Blackjack for the past 9 months. As if they'll work on an iPhone, that I'm not certain, as I haven't made the jump yet.

But your post is stating completely inaccurate info with far too much confidence.

5. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Since they are offered by AT&T, I don't believe answer tones are hardware specific.. so they "should" work with the iPhone as long as it's on AT&T's network and not unlocked on a different carrier..

6. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

this is the most annoying, useless, and unprofessional thing ever. Almost as worthless as the thread about adding a wallpaper behind the icons.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Yes, AT&T does have these and they WILL work with the iPhone. As TEG said they are a "carrier side" thing, and are therefore not hardware dependent.

8. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I hadn't heard anything on it and have been on the AT&T site a lot the past month and saw nothing on it. The only carrier I knew of that had it was Verizon. Pardon me for being wrong no need to be a jerk about it a simple "Actually AT&T does have it blah blah blah" would have worked. I still stand by my statement of it being really annoying.

Back on topic here's a link to the Answer Tones page http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/ringtones-downloads/tones-graphics/answer-tones.jsp

9. ACKRITE macrumors member

ACKRITE

I'm very sorry that I hurt your feelings. Usually when someone states something with such gusto as per your original post, they're able to deal with someone correcting them when they're wrong.

You'll be ok...