Answering Calls on Apple Watch and Switching to iPhone?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SD449, Apr 14, 2015.

1. SD449 macrumors member

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to answer a call on your apple watch and then switch to your iPhone?

I can see this useful for my wife whose always searching in her bag for her iPhone, sometimes doesn't even hear it or it rings off before she finds it

Thank you

2. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

I heard yes, but don't have any concrete info. I'm looking forward to this feature as well

3. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

This is indeed announced functionality, but I don't know how to do it. My guess would be a force touch on the watch during a call.

4. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I'm betting the call will show up on the iPhone's screen with the source set to "Apple Watch." So changing the source to "iPhone" or "Speaker" will transfer it. Just a guess though...

5. SD449 thread starter macrumors member

6. Applenoob34 macrumors regular

I bet it's similar to changing the audio source in your car. Hit the "audio" button on your iPhone to change it from another Bluetooth source to ur phone.

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I think you may be right. The watch acts like a BT headset when a call comes in I believe.

8. 16Paws macrumors 6502a

If you have ever answered a call from your mac or iPad it should work the same way.

Essentially if you answer the call from the other device your phone will still show that it is on the call. If you pick your phone and touch the green "in call" area at the top it will automatically transfer to the phone.

9. Notme90 macrumors member

If anyone tethered his laptop to his phone will know how it works, I'm pretty sure its the same functionality.

you will get a green bar on your iPhone and you can tap it to transfer your phone call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1O7TajoLh4

go to min 2:52

10. janderson0719 macrumors 6502

janderson0719

I find this feature great for while in the car.

11. vinitmenon macrumors regular

vinitmenon

works the same way for apple watch just like you receive a call on mac or ipad.. you would get a green bar on your iphone.. touch it and your call will be transferred to phone from watch/ipad/mac

12. kjparfekt macrumors regular

kjparfekt

Excited for this feature so I can easily answer my phone while walking the dog (soon to be dogs with a puppy on the way)

13. SD449 thread starter macrumors member

Didn't think of the comparison with calls coming through my MacBook Pro

In fact since the update I haven't looked at my phone whilst answering a call on it and I took one today #

Thank you again for your replies

14. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Yes. Watch the answer calls guided tour here http://www.apple.com/watch/guided-tours/

You roll the crown and choose "answer on iphone"