Answering Calls with gloves on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silbeej, Nov 24, 2007.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

With the winter coming, does anyone know how we will be able to answer calls with gloves on? I found that if i lick my glove finger, which has this rubber grip stuff on it in a zig zag pattern, and press very hard, i can get some response from the screen. Has anyone found another way to pick up a call, like is there a way we can tap the home button to pick up a call, otherwise i'm not going to answer any calls when i've got my gloves on for i will either freeze my fingers, or drop my iPhone, neither things i want to do.

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

Either use the headset to answer or start getting used to taking off the glove!

3. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Yah. I agree. Headset should be your first option.

4. jontucker macrumors 6502

Use the end of your nose.

Edit:

I was actually being daft but I've just tried it and it works rather well. If only I didn't look like an absolute moron doing it!

5. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I was just about to say that!

6. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

When I opened this thread, I immediately thought this too, if only you didn't look a wally doing it!!:D

7. TimJim macrumors 6502a

8. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I actually do that all the time. It really is convenient and works like a charm.

9. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

10. 00hkelly macrumors 6502

I have a thin pair of gloves from Mountain Equipment which work quite well on my iphone, even with an invisible shield on it.

11. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Actually made for nosepickers ;)

12. Rankrotten macrumors 6502

Yes I have those and they work very well. Also very handy for use on a Macbook Pro's trackpad outdoors in the cold.

13. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn, i was going to get the Marmot version of these gloves, but passed for people said that the iPhone screen works differently than the touch wheel. Oh well.

14. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

15. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Why do you think Apple was in such a hurry to launch it during the summer?

:D

16. Avatar74 macrumors 65816

The later generation iPods and the current iPhone use capacitance sensors. What is required is a material of electrical conductivity, not resistance (like a rubber or plastic tipped stylus). If the product states that it works with later generation iPods then it probably does work with the iPhone since the finger tips need to be able to alter the capacitance of multiple points on the screen... two fingers are sufficient for the iPhone since there aren't yet any gestures requiring 3+ fingers programmed into the OS.

That being said, I wouldn't buy any such product before testing it hands-on.