Answering iPhone with Bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsayed, Jul 14, 2009.

1. jsayed macrumors newbie

I use my bluetooth headset a majority of the time with my iPhone but when someone calls me I look at my phone to see who it is and constantly decide to accept the call on my phone rather than pushing the button on my headset. This causes me the annoying problem of the phone being the audio source rather than my headset. This occurs because there isn't any options for setting the default audio source (I.e ...bluetooth if present), so when I answer I keep going hello until I thing of switching the source on my phone. Is there a place to set a default source or is this something Apple should add in future releases. This problem is very annoying for both my self and the caller who has to shout because the think you can't hear them or the hang up before you switch. Please provide your opions on this troublesome oversight.

Thanks

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Use the bluetooth headset to answer the call.

3. lfine39 macrumors member

Wait till you get 3.1 you can now dial via bluetooth headset it is pretty cool......

4. chandsa Guest

This is quite a frustrating experience for the caller and the person answering the phone. I have done this so many times, however, when I have my bluetooth on, once I set the audio source to bluetooth, even though I answer the call with my phone, my earpiece picks up the signal and I have no problems. I guess its sort of a "teaching" mechanism for the iPhone.

Having said that, if I turn my bluetooth off, the iPhone becomes the default audio source, and I will have to "re-teach" it again to let my bluetooth answer the calls (provided the bluetooth is turned on).

Hopefully like someone else said, Apple will fix it in the next s/w release.