Answers to all your 3G iPhone problems.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pranavss11, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

Please stop making same posts over and over again IT IS GETTING ANNOYING..moving along now....

1. We do not know when the iPhone will hit the stores.
    2. We do not know the iPhone's features... (except 3G) we can merely speculate about it.
    3. Please use the "Search" button before asking the same questions over and over again.
    4.Store limit on first day is most likely 2 phones.
    5. IPHONE DOSEN'T WORK ON VERIZON.
    6. There is nothing factual about the 3G iPhone, everything is rumor based! For all you know, Steve Jobs will not be releasing the 3G iPhone on June 9.
    7. Camera in the home button is the stupidest idea ever. Grow a brain.
    8. We do not know how much the new iPhone will be priced at. According to rumors, it will be the same as the older ones.
    9. No, the greedy bastards at AT&T will never offer a "trade-in" plan and give you a giant discount on their revenue baby just for turning in your old iPhone. You want a trade-in plan? It's called eBay.
    Thank you!

P.s. If anyone else has anything to add feel free to post so I can edit mine and include your post.

2. Jaschr macrumors member

Show me on the doll where the 3G iPhone touched you.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, if it's not being released on June 9th; what about June 10th? LOL :p

4. pranavss11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just making sure. People keep making posts about the same stuff every 2 hours :|

5. fedup flyer macrumors regular

Right about here....(points at wallet)

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Thread complaining about complaining

Just sayin

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I got no room to talk.

I started another iPhone selling question tonight.

I am as guilty as the others :eek::eek:

8. Pookieinc macrumors member

Wait... so just curious, is the 3G iPhone coming out on June 9th?

:p

9. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Line of the day sir! :D:D:D

10. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

9. No, the greedy bastards at AT&T will never offer a "trade-in" plan and give you a giant discount on their revenue baby just for turning in your old iPhone. You want a trade-in plan? It's called eBay.

11. entwife macrumors regular

theres a 3g iphone???? how much will be it be in the UK??:D

12. bstpierre macrumors 6502

Maybe they will so they can fill all those refurb orders they have. :rolleyes:

13. SamoanDude macrumors regular

14. Pantocrator macrumors member

Why does everybody think it will be released on the 9th? If it is announced on the 9th, wouldn't the earliest release be on the tenth? What sort of announcement would that be- "Oh btw, its been out for 6 hours already so you probably already know everything I'm telling you."

15. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

I love posts like this.

You start whining blah blah blah we don't know only rumors blah blah blah I'm tired of it blah blah blah.

And then in #8 you quote a rumor. Fantastic.

Speech at 1pm, release at 3pm would not be completely unreasonable. Not going to happen, but it would be possible.

16. freediverdude macrumors 6502a

Does it work on Verizon?? Please tell me it works on Verizon!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

17. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

LOL :D

Just had to reject a phone call to give me some laughing time at that.

Seriously though, I do empathise. I feel like shooting some posters on here who've obviously not read ANY other posts about the phone and just ask the same old question over and over.

18. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

I too am getting sick of all the "when's the 3g coming out" "what should I do about the 3g?" posts, but when it does finally come out, there'll be the next "when's the 4g coming out" etc so you can't win.

My advise- let it roll over your head, your not going to stop it so just go with it.

19. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

So you made a new thread, to tell us not to make new threads? ;)
    (Plus that's spec creep, you originally just were after people making the same posts over and over...)

20. pranavss11 thread starter macrumors 6502

I kept seeing same threads over and over again every 2 hours.. Figured people can't use the "Search" button. :apple:

21. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

They think so because this has happened at previous WWDC more often than not. They also might think so because there is solid evidence that Apple has shipped *some* kind of new product to hundreds of locations around the world in a total quantity exceeding 3 million units or so.

22. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

I can agree on that point. If you think there are duplicate threads, the report the post/thread button is your primary weapon. I'd agree that the fundamental issues that keep on cropping up should be stickied as a FAQ that should be referred to prior to posting new threads.
    Most of us are herre for debate, and discussion, so I guess it spreads over into duplication / repetition sometimes. fwiw:

1, 2 We have a good guess
    3 Yes
    4. Likely!
    5. I've always wondered why that thread is so large. People are collectively willing it to work on V I guess...
    6. Yes there is. Steve is going to announce the next iPhone.
    8. A good guess at pricing is linked to a good guess at hardware. You'd expect the range of prices for th eline up to not really exceed those we have currently.
    9. We kinda have to wait. Family members, eBay and alike are all good avenues.

23. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

I would just like to say how much I hate these kind of comments. :mad:

People always post about how someone "should have searched" before they post and how there are a "hundred threads like this" already, but I find it just lame.

Personally, I *always* search very carefully before every thread I start and I never find much of anything. Then pretty much half the time you post, someone posts to your thread about what an idiot you are for not searching first.

Apologies to Arn but one thing this site does *not* have is a useful, workable search function. It's not his fault as I know from being familiar with this particular forum software that it's the same on every site that uses it. It only allows for the most basic "dumb" searches that return almost no useful hits at all.

People posting in a forum usually don't have the time to do three hours of research or read the contents of every post ever made with their keywords in it, before posting.

You also got to remember that this is a very popular forum. Topics that were brought up in the morning are often buried so deep by the late afternoon that they might as well have been talked about last year.

24. bmh16 macrumors regular

Agreed. Does the poster of the thread want there to be any more threads on this subforum :p

25. 7on macrumors 601

7on

You're just not searching right. And I've always found the Google search much more helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.