ant connect macbook to samsung plasma tv

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JosephEsquivel, Sep 24, 2010.

1. JosephEsquivel macrumors regular

I bought a mini dvi to hdmi cable to hook my late 2007 macbook up to my 42 in samsung plasma hdtv. It says no signal when its all hooked up so i know its reading it, cause normally it would say check cable. When i plug it into my macbook the screen flashes blue for a few seconds and goes back to normal. Under system pref's i try detect display but nothing happens. I dont think its a faulty cable since it is connecting somewhat, just not all the way. any help?

2. JosephEsquivel thread starter macrumors regular

please any help?? im very frustrated since i was looking forward to editing on my big screen

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What exact "mini DVI to HDMI" cable do you have? Does the TV show some other message when nothing is connected or why do you assume, it somehow works?

Btw, a TV is not a good monitor for computers and text will look blurry. If you only want to watch the video of the editing process on there, it should be fine.

4. JosephEsquivel thread starter macrumors regular

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PVUIL4/ref=oss_product

thats the cable, when it splugged in my tv says No Signal, when i unplug it, and after my screen flashes blue it says check signal cable, so im taking that as it at least being recognized as connecting