All iPads Ant inside the screen!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ben911, Aug 17, 2013.

1. ben911 macrumors newbie

Has anyone else gotten any bugs stuck between the LCD and the touchscreen? My daughter freaked out the other day, telling me there wan an ant in her ipad2 screen over facetime. She was hoping I could see her screen. :eek:

When I got home... sure enough, there was a small ant lodged between the LCD and the touchscreen! I had to heat up the side edge with a heat gun and get a thin strip of plastic in there to swipe out the ant.

2. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

you should have went straight to apple store and show them. they might have replaced it with a newer model.

3. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I agree. That's crazy that that happened. They would have at least given you a new iPad 2.

4. satchmo macrumors 68000

Yes, bring it to Apple...they may have a bug fix. :D

5. ben911 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL...

Unfortunately this one was purchased broken on eBay and I replaced the screen and 30 pin connector. Apple would have just laughed at me.

I sealed up the replacement screen real good and there was no room for a bug to get in that way. I was wondering if the replacement screen had anything to do with it or if this could happen with the original screen too.

6. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

Original probably not, unless there was a flaw like a gap in the edge-lilkley there was one with the replacement screen.

7. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

"That's not a bug, that's a fea...wait, no, that's a bug."

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

It could have gotten in with the replacement screen or while you were replacing the screen and the curious unfortunate soul happened to crawl into the housing, only to be sealed in.

9. HiRisk macrumors 6502