antenna free bumper dilema

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juan370Z, Jul 14, 2010.

1. juan370Z macrumors regular

a few weeks ago i saw somebody who got a free bumber by complaining to apple. Supposedly it solves the problem. I went to the apple store and what they tell me is ridiculous. buy a bumper im NOT going to buy a piece of plastic that cost 60 cents to make in china. FU&K that. or Return the iphone. Thats out of the damn question i love the damn phone i spend hours waiting in line. So if anyone can help me find that free bumper people have been getting for the issue that would be great. Thanks for the help and sorry for the rant:p

2. Tulipone macrumors 6502

I guess you have three options:

1. Return the phone and go buy Android.
    2. Decide if it is a major issue and then buy the bumper if it is.
    3. Wait for a fix/recall/free bumper in the future and worry about something needlessly.

I kind of agree with Apple and Steve Jobs. It's a phone.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I think yo missed the boat buddy, apple sent an statement to all Customer support Reps staying that they will NOT offer free bumpers to anyone (anymore).

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, why not make lemonade out of lemons (pun intended :p) by earning a profit on defective phones, i.e., charging for a fix.

5. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

If you can afford an iPhone I think you can afford a bumper. If you don't really care about it being a bumper, you can go HERE and get a case and only pay for shipping. Right now it's only available in rose color but they have black, purple, blue, and white for preorder.

6. BadMoon macrumors 6502

I'm about as tired of hearing that as I am "cool story bro". :rolleyes:

7. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

thanks for sharing. you should make a thread about that.

8. BadMoon macrumors 6502

No need to make another useless thread. There are a plethora of those already. ;)

9. trssho macrumors 6502

The bumper is not a .10 piece of rubber. I would rate it very high in terms of quality of materials, and design. Although I don't like that my aftermarket dock connectors do not fit in it. I blame them for that, not Apple.

10. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

Most people who purchased a IP4 could easily afford a silly bumper. Many like it without one. Others dislike the style.

The point is, the phone should work properly WITHOUT additional accessories. This is the definiton of a defect or flaw. One should not have to pay an additonal $30 for their phone to work.

Quite clever (but short-lived) of Apple to try and fool the public by designing a bumper band to reduce the inherent attenuation and charging a lot for it.

11. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

Yea. At least I added more instead of just leaving it at that though.

I see your point now and I agree. It's not really for Apple to tell someone to buy a bumper to "fix" a problem which technically only alleviates the problem. The choice should be up to the customer as to whether or not they want a bumper (I guess technically it still is but you get my point). I'm going to go back and edit that post after looking at it from a different perspective now.

12. juan370Z thread starter macrumors regular

The whole thing you can afford an iphone and bumper is quite really stupid. The point is apple Fuc*ed up on the phone. Then they want me to pay for the fix. Kind of BS is that? yes i have the money. But im not going to pay for the fix when is apple job to do it. and the droid idea is completly bs. i hate doid why you think i bought apple? lol yes it has a problem but everything can be fixed. so in that case. im either going to the apple store and raise hell intul ***** hit the fan. or they calm me down by giving me a damn bumper.