Antenna issue also with 3GS running IOS4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RobNor, Jun 26, 2010.

1. RobNor macrumors 6502

When held in my left hand in the 'grip mode' with no case I go from from 5 to 2-3 bars,not as bad as ip4 which goes from 5 to 1-2 bar.Going back to holdiing with just figures and the signal is back upto 5 bars.I presume in this case your hand is blocling the rear of the phone?

Sometimes holding the ip4 in the 'grip mode' I only get a drop of 1 bar from 5 to 4 no matter how long I hold it,other times it will drop steadily from 5 down to 1 or 2 bars

2. JamesM macrumors regular

If I'm inside I can get the signal on my 3GS to drop by holding it the same as shown in the videos, would this not indicate that it's not an iPhone 4 problem it's an IOS problem as it never did this with version 3.

Also so far I haven't been able to get it to drop outside only inside.

3. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Not Here

I took my 3GS, running iOS4, out of its case this morning and tried pretty much every possible way of holding it, to see if I could replicate the signal drop plaguing the new phones. When I had as much of the phone covered as I could and still be able to see that little corner of the display, I did notice it go from 5 bars to 4. I think it was just tired of being manhandled at that point. But seriously, other than that ridiculously exaggerated one, no way of holding it caused any apparent loss of signal at all.

4. RobNor thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Jayman34187 macrumors regular

yeah OS4 screwed my 3GS also. slowed down my speeds that I had with 3.1.3.. The phone screen goes black often, and the phones battery goes alot quicker. No way to go back to 3.1.3 either :( thanks Apple for the customer support