Antennagate in Canada

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Just Don't Hold it that Way, C'Mon guys Steve said there is no problem :eek:

When I do not use a case I have an issue, however I want to protect my $300 investment, and I prefer to have a crack and scratch free phone :D

Comment

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I thought it was confirmed it was not country-isolated problem when all the O2 videos hit YouTube.

Comment

Schweitzer

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
The german "consumer reports" equivalent (Stiftung Warentest) tested the iPhone 4 and found 90% signal loss (with just one finger touching the antenna at the right spot).

Other phones tested showed a loss of just 25% ("death grip").

Comment

Steveo47

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2010
rogers network isnt particularly good in edmonton (i live there too). Then again the last time i used it i had a RAZR... Anyways i have an iphone 4 but i havent activated it yet. I played with one in the store on bell, and the bars drop when you hold it that what, i held it that way during a facetime call, and the bar dropped to 1, but the connection was solid, great voice quality ect.

Comment

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
The german "consumer reports" equivalent (Stiftung Warentest) tested the iPhone 4 and found 90% signal loss (with just one finger touching the antenna at the right spot).

Other phones tested showed a loss of just 25% ("death grip").
There is no way that is accurate... 90% signal loss? come on people

Comment

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I go from 5 to zero bars on my 4
on 4.0.1 with just a 1 finger press?

I can barely get my phone to drop a bar or 2 with the death grip which means that 90% can't be accurate or I would be seeing the same results as you.

I can't get my phone to say no service no matter what I do.

Comment

CanucksRock

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
No issues on my phone (Virgin Mobile, Edmonton) ... others tried to, and it has 5 bars regardless :)

Comment

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
Austria here, got mine today

while i CAN make the bars drop with the naked phone (they eventually go back up - without switching to edge - even while keeping the firm death grip), i have yet to either drop a call or drop data connection.

i tried the same grip in the car having 3 bars, dropping to 1 (iOS 4.0.1) and could browse the web perfectly fine

so while it REALLY scared me initially that i could replicate the 'bar drop' so easily (didn't expect that), the dropped calls or the interruption of data throughput doesn't really happen to me.

also, i'm gonna use a bumper anyways ... the naked phone is too much of a solid, yet fragile and scratchable brick to me.

just thought i'd use this thread to post this

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.