Anti-Apple rubbish

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Adam-, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Adam- macrumors member

Hi I'm a new apple supporter, i used to hate apple products, until i got my first mac, it was like someone bumped me over the head.

Anyway i was bored and looking at those 10 reasons to buy, or 5 things that are wrong with iPhone/ iPad.

Does anyone else think that they clutch at straws when they try and burn an apple product?? I think most of it is envy, i was probably guilty of it a few years ago.

2. barryst macrumors regular

What's more rubbish is being loyal to Apple to the point of caring that much about such lists. I own Microsoft, Android, Blackberry, and Apple products because each serve a need for me.

In other words, who cares?

3. OSMac macrumors 65816

Apple has some strange things like iTunes syncing from a single computer only and no flash and the fonts on the iPad are not the best.

For many they want to identify with a brand or against one.

4. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502

Same could be said anti windows our anti android folks. In the end, all this hatred and fighting over who has what is retarded.

5. lionqueen macrumors 6502

No, I don't think they're "clutching at straws". Apple products have flaws just like any other products. As much as I love my iphone 4, my ipad 2, and my ipod, I have no plans to get a mac computer- I just don't like them, find them counter-intuitive... They're just not my cup of tea. I love my PC (Asus G71) and would never trade it for a mac.

Mindless hate and mindless devotion are BOTH lame.

6. guitardogcar macrumors member

I typically don't try and burn anything.

I do think there is reason to hate anything, but why waste your time? People buy what they buy because they do, and then the envy begins. Haters are born, and so goes the chain.

Also "retarded" is a word not worth using, as you can say any other of the slurs and then get beat up by the person you say it to. Don't cop out...the dictionary on your device can do better.

Peace,

gdc

7. MasonH macrumors member

What's an "Apple supporter"??? Sounds really foolish. Like a jockstrap for a fruit Do you mean you bought a product to use?
    Don't be a fanboy. Be an adult and unless you have actually designed one of these products don't be a shill for ANY huge company.

Use anything you like but spending money on something should not make it impossible to comment on it's flaws. Your ego can handle it.

That said... welcome to the group ;)

8. 62tele macrumors 6502a

You are correct. There are tons of Apple haters or folks who think Apple users are snobs. Even the phoney PC commercials from a few years back where the young lady shopper (actress) seemed to point to PC insecurity... "I guess I'm not cool enough to be a Mac user"! The haters are truly envious of the iPad's runaway success.

That said, Macs have flaws but their design overall is still much more elegant than the crap from Dell, et al!

I love my Macs at home and hate the PC **** I use at work.

9. ChazUK macrumors 603

ChazUK

I get stick at work for being a Mac user by some but I will always buy what's best for me. If i want it and I can afford it, I get it regardless of what blogs, reviewers, forum posters or friends/enemies I know say about it.

Just enjoy your gear!;)

10. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

agreed.

sometimes mindless hate can be fun to poke fun at though...

:)

11. Adam-, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011

Adam- thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i know what you guys are saying, but i don't really care what other people have or what they think of me. Its just annoying that most of them seem to be stuck on old apple issues that aren't really a problem anymore. I i'm not really a blind apple follower, i think some of apples products are abit useless, like Apple TV, imo anyway.

true dat! i love my apple shizzle!

12. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

It's about Netflix man. I don't have one of those premium bluray players with a Netflix app, and I don't have a game console, so apple tv is the best choice for me. I want to be able to watch my instant queue, AND rent newer movies - without having to change my subscription plan, so the iTunes rentals are really nice to have for the rare occasion. AirPlay is cool too:) Different strokes for different folks.

13. Adam- thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i suppose i've got a PS3 for that sort of stuff, i wish you could burn DVD's onto ATV, or even avi's haha, but thats a pretty bleak future!

14. profets macrumors 68040

Lol, for a while the Apple TV was the only apple product I had. Of course a big part of the reason for it is being able to jailbreak and streaming any type of video to it using XBMC. Netflix, Airplay, Youtube all running from a tiny silent device.. an awesome product for $100.

15. Entame macrumors newbie

I don't blindly love or hate Apple products (or the products of any company).

I like good tech, if the product is good, I like it, regardless of who made it. Apple places a lot of emphasis on aesthetics and user experience, which is often great.

A lot of apple products are great. When the iphone came out, it was amazing. Now Android has really caught up and is starting to surpass the iPhone, so unless Apple can wow me with the iphone 5, i'll probably jump ship next year.

I think the ipad 2 is an amazing device. It has replaced my laptop and desktop for a lot of my computing needs (media consumption, email, couch browsing, etc). I use it constantly, even now that the honeymoon phase has really passed.

The newest macbook air is one of the most impressive laptops i've ever held. Respectable speed and usability and an unreal form factor.

The point is, Apple has had hits and misses. It doesn't make sense to blindly love and hate all the products they make.

The thing that i find funny is apple haters tend to have much stronger feelings then the "fanboys" they rally against.

16. Adam- thread starter macrumors member

Thats exactly what i was trying to get at! thanks for summing in up well, i'm a science student haha, also the reason I was randomly looking at these reviews, exam season makes paint drying the most interesting in the world

17. Meanee macrumors 6502a

I can't say that I am an Apple hater, more like Apple "disliker" but I am also open minded enough to admit that Apple has great products. Maybe they just cater to a different crowd than me.

All statements are IMO. Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one, and they stink.

MacBook - I will NEVER get one for myself. To me, it's completely unusable. Very counter-intuitive, and awkward to use. No decent file management won't let me do much work. Lack of ActiveX is another huge hit for me, since some of my work requires it. I do need to do some work on OSX once in a while, for that I have VMWare image of OSX, which I use maybe once a month for 10 minutes, and that's it. IMO, Apple needs to put a lot of work into OSX before, it will be usable for me. Girlfriend, however, enjoys her little Flash games, and Facebook. I do not have to worry about antivirus licensing for additional PC.

iPhone - Also, I find it very unusable. After owning WinMo, Android and using iPhone extensively, for me it's clear that I will never own one. Do not get me wrong, I like the design, the specs, but iOS as a Phone OS, to me is severely limited. To me, widgets are very important. One glance of the screen, I can see who texted me, what just came into my inbox and if it's important or not, and notifications do not stop what I am doing. Since everything I listed above is a software limitation, maybe in future, Apple will correct it and I will give it a shot.

iPad - I own one. While iOS has it's shortcomings, I believe for next year, iPad will be dominant tablet. Being an Android fan, to me Honeycomb was an obvious choice, but I thought that it needs to mature. Even original Android (on HTC Dream / TMobile G1) was BAD compared to iOS originally. But it matured and IMO kicking iOS's butt. It may or may not happen in tablet world, but as of right now, a more established OS will work better for myself.

I think the key in making good purchasing decisions is not to be brand-loyal. Evaluate the product, not the manufacturer. A lot of Apple fanboys will buy a boxed turd if it has an Apple logo on it. But staying away from that mentality will make you a better consumer and will let you enjoy your purchase much more.

TL;DR version - I think OSX sucks, iPhone sucks, iPad is great, and stop looking at the brand. Look at the product instead. All statements were my opinions only. I am entitled to those and you are entitled to criticize them.

18. macjonny1 macrumors 6502a

macjonny1

Sounds like you are the newest fanboy in the club. Try to keep your mind open on your journey.

19. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

There are lots of obnoxious threads, comment sections, etc. out there. You should avoid them all if you don't want to get entrenched in it. Here's the truth of it:

A) iOS vs. Android is an even more annoying argument than Mac vs. PC. Most people in those types of arguments know nothing about business, know nothing about the other OS that they don't use, know nothing about the stock market, and know nothing about the companies they're defending. (example, lots of people argue that Android is "more open" even though they don't and never will have the knowledge to take advantage of it.)

B) Apple is not infallible, but they make some pretty amazing products. Therefore, their users (myself included) get overly neurotic about every little thing. If you want to have peace of mind about your gadget, don't come to forums like this one, because it will make you feel like you now own a piece of garbage.

C) Geeks of all types are annoying. Apple users are annoying, Android users are annoying, hell I even had to listen to some chick blab on and on about her Blackberry on the train all the way home the other day. (I didn't have the heart to tell her..........)

Anyone who is passionate about a gadget is annoying, and nothing in geekdom these days is more annoying than the iOS vs. Android argument. It's such a polarizing topic and it's just plain silly. Neither is going to "kill" the other. They're just both going to kill everything else.

20. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

There's a couple of people at my work who insist on sending me any anti apple or iOS link they happen to come across. I don't know why. I don't care what other people think, and I don't try to push my apple products or preferences on people. If someone asks, I'll happily talk about my apple things, because I genuinely think they're brilliant. I've used windows, android, symbian etc etc and can honestly say none of them have met my needs (and wants) as well as my iPad/iPhone and iMac.

I'm a full convert I'm afraid, but as soon as they stop living up to the current standards, I'll move away.