iPad Pro Anti-Bend Device

MacUserUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
I was always a little concerned about bending my iPad Pro when travelling, especially with a fully loaded bag.

Simple solution, a nylon chopping board. Very light, tough and almost impossible to bend. The iPad sits flush against this board and there is now zero chance of bending.

davegoody

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Nottingham, England.
Good idea..... how innovative, why not encase your iPad in a solid stainless steel case..... I have had the new 12.9" since launch date, and it's in a leather slip case, in and out of my laptop bag with a multitude of other things and it's still flat, COMPLETELY flat. It was flat when I got it, and it's still the same.....

Reactions: yegon

xx22

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2017
I think you need a chopping board on each side. Hold it all together with rubber bands. But it might bend anyway because it seems that they are just bending in normal usage and not by physical stress, perhaps temperature change.

Reactions: RevTEG and Masyahla

AlexJoda

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2015
Wouldn’t that completely contradict the idea of this super light and thin iPad Pro?

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
This is exactly why I'm sticking with the 2018-style iPad. Buying a $1000+ device and having to literally strap it to a cutting board to protect it is absurd.

HappyIntro

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2016
I was always a little concerned about bending my iPad Pro when travelling, especially with a fully loaded bag.

Simple solution, a nylon chopping board. Very light, tough and almost impossible to bend. The iPad sits flush against this board and there is now zero chance of bending.

Hey, good, simple and cheap way to reducing bending stress on the iPad. Nice looking bag too!

Donnation

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2014

Off topic but what bag is that, I like it.

ascender

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2005
Best anti-bend device anyone can employ is their own common sense. Good news is that everyone has it and its free.

ColdCase

macrumors 68030
Feb 10, 2008
NH
For years I've use a laptop tray to help protect my iPads or laptops while traveling/carrying in a bag. Same concept, but I usually put it on the outer side of the bag to keep dents from forming :) .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.