Anti-fingerprint solution

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by flybriz, Jul 4, 2007.

1. flybriz macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has ever heard of or used this product called Techniclean? I'm intrigued that it claims to act as an "anti-fingerprint, anti-smudge" barrier for PDA and cell phone screens. I would be willing to buy a can of this stuff and report my findings if the consensus is that it won't hurt our precious babies. Looks like it's safe for all sorts of electronics. Opinions?

http://www.freetechcorp.com/index.htm

PS - May the 4th be with you... and my personal and heartfelt thanks to any of you that are currently serving or have served in our nation's armed forces.

2. BigPrince macrumors 68020

3. Noumenon macrumors regular

Oven-mitts work, but difficult to use the phone.

4. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

the iphone doesn't need a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. Smudges wipe off quickly and can't even be seen while using the device. Use the cloth to rub one out when you need to.

5. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

No thanks.

How bout we cut off the tips of our fingers?

Is it really such a big deal?

6. Digital.Andrew macrumors newbie

It looks like it might mess with the touch sensitive screen. Maybe the company will test it on the iPhone and tell us if it I safe. I hope so because they sure do collect alot of fingerprints and my stupid dog ate the rag that came with the iPhone.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

From the User's Guide

Keeping the Outside of iPhone Clean

To clean iPhone, unplug all cables and turn off iPhone (press and hold the Sleep/Wake
    button and drag the onscreen red slider). Then use the included cleaning cloth or a
    soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use
    window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia,
    or abrasives to clean iPhone.

8. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

I'm sure apple will give you a new spooge rag

9. flybriz thread starter macrumors newbie

Good results

Well, I checked a few places for that spray here in town. No luck but I did pick up some stuff at Office Depot called Allsop Notebook Clean-Screen. It's a very small spray bottle and a weird applicator thing with a brush on one side and a microfiber cloth on the other. Says it's fine for PDAs, cell phones, cameras, and iPods... Well, the iPhone is all of the above and more so I gave it a try. I did an unscientific test where I used my phone for 10 minutes and checked out the smudges. I guess I have really oily fingers or something because there's smudges galore on the glass. I put some of this spray on there and it shined up nice. 8 hours later, almost no smudgies! It didn't affect the performance of the touch screen one bit. It made a big difference for me so I'm sold. And I know, you can't really see the smudges when the screen is on but I'm OCD and plus I always want the iPhone to look its best.

10. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Photos of your iPhone/the bottle/the applicator, pretty please?

This seems dubious... I would NOT want to ruin my iPhone.

11. janey macrumors 603

janey

The cloth included with the iPhone did a pretty good 5 second job of cleaning all the smudges from mine..

12. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

I've been using the lens wipes from Target on my iPhone. They sell them 20 to a box for $3, they are slightly damp wipes and they work perfectly on the screen. They aren't wet enough to drip into any part of the phone, but they are wet enough to remove the smudges and leave the screen clean.

I wipe it off really well, and I go back over it with the included cloth to make sure all traces of smudges are gone.

13. uberfoto macrumors member

Smudges are in. Ultra-clean-smudge-free-phones are for nerds.

:D

The smudges don't bother me. I hardly notice them. Use it, lock it, throw it in your pocket.

14. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

I think anyone who would wait in line and pay $500 or $600 for the latest piece of portable electronics from Apple would already qualify as a nerd ;)

I don't clean the smudges off each time I see them, I only do it when my finger doesn't glide as smoothly across the screen because of them :)

15. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

SOOooo has anyone had a chance to try this solution yet? or maybe a similar one?

16. blindpuppie macrumors newbie

Try Whoosh. It reduces finger prints, does a nice job cleaning and is harmless. You can even purchase it at Apple retail stores.

17. pure-rockstar macrumors regular

the phones and the ipads are slippery.

18. mckyle macrumors newbie

I've used a generic brand "no smudge" spray for my MBA - but not for my iPhone. The screen is too close to the openings in the phone for that, IMO.