Anti-glare bezel WARPING; hinge creaking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NovemberWhiskey, Jul 14, 2009.

1. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Can the owners of anti-glare models check their bezels to see if they are warping?

Mine is bulging out at the bottom of the screen, right by that area that gets burning hot when you are plugged in or are on the 9600m gt--right where is says "Macbook Pro".

I noticed that the hinge started to develop a creaking sound when I opened and closed the lid. So I investigated to see if there were any cracks in the hinge. What I found was that if you look at the space between the bezel and the screen, there is a slight (very slight) bulge right by the wording "Macbook pro". If you press down on it, it moves--unlike the rest of the bezel.

Anyone else notice this? I am pretty sure it is caused by the heat in that area. That is a really poor design.

2. NovemberWhiskey thread starter macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

So I have been playing around with my computer trying to see what the problem was, and I noticed now that my screen/lid will not stay in place now. It was perfectly fine when it arrive one or two weeks ago. No creaks, no warped bezel, no falling screen.

At certain angles, the screen will fall down by itself.

This is in addition to the creaking hinge and the warped bezel.

I am pretty sure that it is the heat in that area that is causing all these problems.

3. fehhkk macrumors 6502a

fehhkk

If you have that much heat coming out of your MBP, try using smcFanControl to raise the speeds of the left and right fans, so it cools better.

4. jpma02130 macrumors newbie

Ugg. That is disappointing. Did Apple own the problem?

5. Mactagonist macrumors 6502a

Mine does get hot there, but it is not bulging or warping. I dont think the level of heat mine produces is a sign of a problem, it seems reasonable for a metal laptop with a 9600 card in use.

Take yours in and let Apple fix it for you.

6. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

I'm too scared to see if mine's bulging, but my screen is definitely creaking.
    It won't creak when first opening the display lid, but after a bit of use, and I go to close the screen, the damn thing will creak.

ugh.

going in tomorrow to see what they say... hopefully nothing serious!

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

OP, got pics?

Oh yeah and call Apple. What you describe isn't right.