Anti-Glare/Matte (dry) rear protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Anotoneher, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Anotoneher macrumors member

I recently purchased the Powersupport Anti-Glare + Crystal rear and while I absolutely LOVE the Anti-Glare front... I can't stand the Crystal backing. I was wondering if anyone makes a DRY Anti-Glare/Matte rear for the Ip4?

Why PS doesn't sell this as an option is beyond me! :(

2. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing when I ordered my PS anti glare front & crystal rear a few minutes ago.

3. Anotoneher thread starter macrumors member

Believe it or not, I think the ONLY reason PS doesn't sell it is a antiglare backing would make the phone extremely slick and easy to drop. The antiglare doesn't grip your fingers whatsoever, whereas the crystal sort of grips to your fingers (moreso than bare glass).

4. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

sgpstore.com sells an anti-glare kit that's matte on both sides.

switcheasy has a kit with both sides in matte. i've personally used the switcheasy films and i think they're good for the back side. the screen side film isnt nearly as good as the ones from powersupport, though.

5. reebs macrumors 6502

Phantom Skinz matte back. Oh wait think it's a wet apply. Looks great though, search for pics in forums.

6. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

I've been wondering this same question. The slickness factor makes sense, I hadn't thought of that.

7. newskin macrumors 6502

I actually bought the matte phantom skinz backing for the ip4. It's a little thicker than most anti glare skins. It also has more grip than most, never slides out of my hand, and almost never have to wipe it down. Check out youtube for some reviews.

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I just picked up these matte protectors from SlickWraps. They were having a sale on these where it was "free" but shipping was $3. Not sure if that's still going on or not. Here's the website in case you're interested. Haven't put mine on yet but the back looks pretty good.

Attached Files:

9. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Go with phantom skinz. May be a wet procedure but it worked great and looks even better.