Anti Glare or Crystal

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by falcon26, Aug 21, 2010.

1. falcon26 macrumors member

I want to get either the Anti glare or crystal screen protector from power support. I really hate finger prints but I also hate the grainy effect anti glare screen protectors usually give you. How is the power support screen protectors, are they really grainy? If they are do the crystal ones hide finger prints well?

Thanks

2. christianinri macrumors member

It's kind of pick your poison. On one hand you have fingerprints on the other you get the grainy effect. Figure out which is the lesser of the two evils and go with that. Haha Or buy the combo pack that includes one crystal and one antiglare.

3. falcon26 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah that is pretty much what I thought it would be. Its like your Damned if you do and Damned if you don't...

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I have had both the crystal and the antiglare for the previous iphones. Got the crystal this time around and it's actually better than before. For some reason, I get way less fingerprints sticking on it this time around.

5. falcon26 thread starter macrumors member

I should mention that this is for the 3GS not the Iphone 4...

6. chanerz macrumors 6502a

7. asdff macrumors member

anti fingerprint
    i HATE fingerprints and smudges and went through like 4 different sp's (both clear and anti fing) and ended up going back to an anti fingerprint :) (on a 4)

but it's really up to which one bugs you more-- slight graininess or tons of flipping fingerprints and smudges :D

8. falcon26 thread starter macrumors member

I went with the anti glare. I also got the NGP matte case for it.

9. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

A vote for anti glare here. iPhone 4 on the left and the other two are 3GS.:)

Attached Files:

10. mytran80 macrumors regular

hi , well for me , i prefer the crystal clear , i do like the antiglare but for some reason it does effect the resolution of the display with its grainy design

11. tsboy69 macrumors regular

Take a look at the Power Supply HD anti glare - no orange skin, it's a matte finish, but they claim its set for the retina display.

I have it on mine and it looks and performs great!

12. dottybean macrumors newbie

tsboy69,
    does it have that grain effect?
    I have the case mate and that grain is driving me crazy........cant stand finger prints either though!!!

13. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

It does have a grainy effect but not very very bad. It's pretty good though. I'll take the little grain effect for no fingerprint and the great matte feeling any day.