Anti Glare or Glossy?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by abez, Mar 10, 2011.

1. abez, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

abez macrumors newbie

I mainly use my computer for surfing the Web, Microsoft Office, Gaming, Movie watching and the occasional Video editing. I am usually using my computer indoors and the glare off my 2007 Macbook hasn't ever bothered me. Can anyone give me an opinion on Anti-Glare or Gloss?

2. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

LOTS of threads on this very question (all boil down to: no one can tell you what YOUR preference is: go to the Apple Store and test out each one). Gamers, video-watchers, and folks with no windows tend to love glossy; designers, photographers, video editors tend to hate it.

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

4. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Hey, I'll tell you my experience. I read lots of reviews about Glossy vs Anti Glare, and got really worried about which one to pick. In the end I went for the basic glossy and it's been fine for me.. unless you're planning to go outside with your macbook, I'd suggest the basic glossy and save some cash..

Hope my opinion somehow helps..

Will

5. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I have the high res AG option on my mid-2010 15"MBP. I got it for two reasons: I need the color accuracy for when I edit photos in Photoshop and Aperture and I wanted to be able to sit with a open window behind me and not worry about glare.

Antiglare adds a lot of flexibility and does not take away from the experience. Sure, glossy screens look awesome at night or when watching videos in pitch black but anti glare works everywhere and anytime.

6. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Go in store and check it out. It comes down to personal opinion, the only way you can make up your mind is by checking it out yourself.