Anti-Glare Screen for Phone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hanguk9117, Jul 6, 2010.

1. hanguk9117 macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if anyone has any of the anti-glare screens on their iPhone 4. If so, can you post pics and your thoughts? I'm wondering if it'll interfere with the awesome "retina display" resolution.

Thanks!

2. kerotab macrumors member

kerotab

I bought the ifrogz anti-glare screen protector for my iphone 4 and returned it back to Best Buy within hours. It made the screen look washed out and grainy. I did like the texture of the screen protector. You can tell you weren't going to get finger prints with it, but it made the screen look like crap.

waiting for something better (and cheaper) to come along...

3. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Power Support says their new anti-glare ones will be optimized for HD, so we'll see how that turns out.

4. hanguk9117 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i heard the ifrogz one was junk too. i guess its a wait and see game right now...

5. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Got two sets of the ifrogz anti glare. I've got them on two IP4s as I've been unable to find anything better. They are a pain to install compared to the ones I used on my 3GS phones (from the Apple store) and don't cover enough of the top around the camera and speaker. However, they do work better than nothing until other options come along.

6. thetonyclifton macrumors regular

I would wait on Power Support - I tried Griffen's offering and they were grainy too - so am waiting for the Power Support for my matte fix.

7. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

Agree. Hope they get here later this month as promised.

8. hanguk9117 thread starter macrumors newbie

The griffin one was grainy? Shoot. I have that set to be delivered today. I must send it back...

9. RBfKC10 macrumors member

I'm not sure how a screen protector could be "anti-glare" without some degradation of image quality. I have the griffin one as well, and while it does give the entire screen sort of a grain texture to it, it's not that noticeable once you are used to it.

I'm just using it as a stopgap until Otterbox comes out with their built-in-screenshield cases anyway.

10. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I would be happy with something that is just anti-fingerprint. Anti-Glare doesn't really work in my opinion as I have used PS Anti-Glare shields for a couple of years now, and it's still almost impossible to see my screen outside in sunlight. I would love a crystal clear shield that just resists fingerprints but I don't think it exists. That being said, I love the PS Anti-Glares because they do resist fingerprints and your fingers just glide across the shields.

11. a0911091837 macrumors member

I receive my SGP anti-fingerprint screen protector for my iPhone 4 today.

It work brilliantly for both anti-fingerprint and keep the things clear on your screen.:cool: