Anti Glare Screen: iKlear or Damp cloth

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Totty1987, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Totty1987 macrumors regular

What's the best way to clean an anti-glare screen. I've had my machine since December and I'm starting to see smudges on the screen. I'd really appreciate if any advice.

Thank you

2. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

HOT breath and Looovvveee :p

J/K....I see a lot of people recommend the iKlear. I too got mine in Dec. I just use a semi damp paper towel with a little windex on it. And I don't let anyone touch the screen. I hate it when people do that! :eek:

3. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

4. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

just find a good microfibre cloth and your set. when using on an air and anti-glare mbp a good clothe will remove smudges from the screen and not leave streaks with liquids/iklear/damp cloths.

i dont personally recommend windex or things like that as im not sure if it will damage the lcd itself, but iklear if anything is good as a screen cleaner.

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I second the microfiber. Damp cloth/ paper towel runs the risk of scratching, as water can be very abrasive (especially with all of the minerals in it). I use a microfiber cloth and LCD cleaning spray (like iKlear).

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Microfiber can as well if not properly maintained. That said, I also suggest microfiber and water.

8. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

That is true of anything not maintained correctly, but new paper towels are abrasive by their very nature. Also water is not a good cleaner as like I said before it is very harsh. If I had to choose water, the only type would be treated RO/ distilled water (as hopefully most of the minerals have been removed). Never use DI water as that is just asking for trouble.

9. bill-p macrumors 65816

I usually use a slightly damp microfiber cloth to wipe away debris, and then finish up with a dry microfiber to clean away the streaks.

10. Mojo1 macrumors 65816

OmniCleanz from RadTech. You can purchase it bundled with a microfiber cloth.

Sometimes using your breath or water just doesn't do the job. OmniCleanz is non-conductible so it won't harm electronic gear. I use it to clean cameras, lenses, keyboards... everything.