Anti glare screen protectors (noise)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Elevon, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Elevon, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012

Elevon macrumors regular

Hi there, I have just installed the SGP ultra fine screen protector on my IP5 and start noticing the 'noise' it creates over the iPhone screen, I'm just wondering if there are other anti glares out there which have less noise compared to the ultra fine or none at all? As this is the first anti glare I have ever owned, I do not have full under standing 'how much' it degrades the screen.

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

They're all going to make noise if you think about how they work.

There's no way to quantify that in any meaningful way. You can read up on the different antiglare options and see if you can compare based on comments but that's about as good as it gets.

3. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I actually liked the texture on the anti glare protectors, but every one of them, by definition of what they do, created a noisy screen. I just go naked now and cross my fingers :D

4. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I assume by "noise" you mean the grainy effect the screen protector has in the screen. That's the nature of this type of screen protector, and if SGP's ultra fine is like this, expect more noise on other companies' anti-glare/anti-fingerprint screen protectors.

5. phositadc macrumors 6502

Try sgp ultra optics. It's matte and much less grainy than the ultra fine.

6. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

^ This :)