Anti-glare screen protectors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobcat3000, Jun 28, 2017.

1. bobcat3000 macrumors newbie

Hey,

What's the verdict on modern screen protectors, such as the Moshi iVisor Pro?

Currently toying with hopping from a 2013 Macbook Air (with it's lovely lack of screen reflection) to a 2015 Macbook Pro.

Last time I considered a Macbook Pro and looked into screen protectors I found myself knee-deep in very mixed feedback.

Thanks in advance you lovely people.

2. robvas macrumors 68030

It's shame to put anything on the retina screen. Not worth the drop in visual quality

3. tvith macrumors member

I have the Moshi iVisor Pro for the 2017. First Mac and the weird screen resolution was really messing with my eyes, straining them. So after a whole lot of google'ing I realized it's a common issue with retina display (weird, cause I've never heard of anyone mentioning this before), and one of the solutions someone had was trying a screen protector. Since I only had 14days to figure out the issue, or return it, I invested in the screen protector. I also found an article on macrumors explaining how the "default" scale makes text blurry. So I guess it wasn't just me.

But back to your question, yea, I have it on the 15" and I love it. Especially with the space gray, the screen protector kind of makes the screen match the space gray look when the display is off. Another thing I love is that it keeps finger prints off the screen. It does add a little, and I mean very little but enough to notice if you're OCD like that, grainy look to the display. As for the colors, I can't tell much loss in color. If there is, it's very very minimal. I've had it on for almost a week. My wife wasn't able to tell the difference. I had to show her the cut out where the webcam is for her to believe me that the screen protector is on.

I've heard these are reusable, and washable. I won't be washing them and reapplying them, rather just get a new one, but as for reusable, it did take me 2 or 3 tries to get it aligned correctly and those 2 to 3 times I was able to peel off without any issue.

4. bobcat3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the verdict, will bear this mini-review in mind :D