Anti-Glare Static Shield w/ hard case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hterri1, Aug 6, 2008.

1. hterri1 macrumors newbie

I am a believer in the hard cases for my new 3G. In addition I used the BodyGuardz skin. The skin is great, crystal clear. However, the smudges, oil marks and fingerprints drove me crazy. I purchased both the Power Support Anti-Glare, and the DLO Anti-Glare Surface Shields. Applying them was easy, and on their own, its looks nice. The problem comes when I put my hard case on, in this case, its Agent 18 Black Eco Shield.....I get bubbles around the edges of where the shield overlaps the screen and it is impossible to get them to go down.

Is it because the static cling doesn't have enough adhesion? Are there any Anti-Glare films that go down like the BodyGuardz, BSE, IS, etc.?

2. emr25 macrumors member

Sorry to say I have not heard of any Anti-Glare that are comparable in application to the IS, BG, etc. On a side note though, which of the two (out of PS Anti-Glare and DLO) did you like better? I am quickly leaning towards an Anti-Glare because I hate the fingerprints, smudges on the glass of my naked phone.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

DLO is better because it fits the entire screen. The PS leaves a small gap around the border.

4. hterri1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I prefer the Power Support Anti-Glare, it's what I am currently using. I actually put both of them on, and yes the DLO shields provide the best fit, but I was still able to see some (very little) of the smudges......So I switched to the PS Anti-Glare, and you cant tell a thing. Yes, clarity is lost with both, but I never feel the need to wipe the screen.

I find that they both give you the same screen quality. Which is the slightly dull matte look.

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I had this setup for a little while, until I realized how much the Agent 18 Eco Shield sucks, but thats a different story...

I had no problems getting it on and not creating bubbles around the edges. Are you putting the front on first?

Also, are you using the PS film for the 3G? I use it and there is absolutely zero gap. Its exactly the same size as the glass. Maybe I just got lucky :)

6. hterri1 thread starter macrumors newbie

When did you get your PS anit-glare, maybe I got a bad batch or they may have solved the problem.

Yea the eco shield is garbage. I was putting the back on, and then snapping the front on second. What case did you switch to?

My eco shield after having been used for 2 weeks without a single drop, and going from my pocket to my desk on a regular basis looks like it has been to hell and back.

I am on the hunt for a simple hard black case, with a very minimal design. Everyone praises the slider, I hope it is the solution......any suggestions?

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I got my PS anit-glare a couple days after the phone came out.

If you put the front of the case on first (i.e. follow the instructions from the box :p) you shouldn't get the film bubbling up like that.

I take my phone in and out of my pocket a lot, and the eco shield got the point where even if I just caught the seam on my pocket (and I am female, so we have smaller pockets to begin with, making this quite common) it would just snap apart. Ridiculous if you ask me...

I am using a marware sportgrip case right now (which isn't a hard case) and anxiously awaiting the release of the slider. It was hands down the best case I had for my 1st gen phone (and I, like many, spent WAY too much money on cases...).

Good luck finding something you are happy with!!!

8. Seibikitei macrumors member

Be curious to know if anyone uses the Speakeasy Rebel case (or whatever its called) combined with a static cling shield. I'm running a PS anti-glare shield with a eco shield right now and see what people are saying. The back looks like hell but really, it's hard not to expect any plastic case not to show some wear. Better the case than the phone when it comes down to it. Though I do see how it might start coming loose eventually, my top seam is showing some gap but so far it's still working.

I've seen someone with the capsule and can tell you the plastic spine part scratches up the same way. But yeah, I was curious to know if it fits right with the added shield.