Anti-glare vs Normal Screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aznboi91, Nov 25, 2012.

?

Glossy vs Anti-Glare vs Naked?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2013.
  1. Glossy

38.9%
  2. Anti-Glare

22.2%
  3. Naked

38.9%
  1. aznboi91 macrumors regular

Anti-glare vs Normal Screen protectors?

Any recommendations? I know anti-glare has a smoother feel to it and does not leave finger prints, and also diminishes a bit of the quality of the images being displayed...

What do you guys use? Or are most of your phones just naked?:)

2. mac'n'nz macrumors newbie

I have always used clear ones, till a work mate had a matte AG protector. I liked the matte finish, felt awesome too.

However after a few weeks of having it on my 4s, I just couldn't get used to the reduction of clarity . Almost to the point of it being like a non-retina screen .

Bought an iPhone 5 , and put a clear one on , and wouldn't bother with matte again .

Plus , when you get a half decent clear screen protector , it's (almost) like having a naked screen . I don't notice it being there

3. Usehername macrumors member

Anti-glare feels great, doesn't leave finger prints but look like ****.
    Normal looks great, but can feel gross sometimes if you have a lot of crap on the screen.
    All comes down to if your willing to sacrifice clearness. I'm using the anti-glare, looks terrible but I like the feel, and no finger prints. Buy both and try the anti-glare first, screen protectors are pretty dirt cheap on eBay.

4. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Don't use screen protectors on my iPhones since the 4. If anything is sharp enough and pressed hard enough against scratch proof glass to damage it, a thin piece of plastic probably isn't going to be of much help any ways.

My screens have been naked for 3 years and not even the smallest scratch.