Anti-Glare Yes? or No?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Elevon, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Elevon macrumors regular

Would you recommend Anti-Glare screen protectors for the iPhone 5 (or iPhones in general)

if yes then any recommendations?

2. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

I've never liked them. They ruin the retina display and feel all "zippy" to the finger.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

No way. It gives the screen a fuzzy look and the surface is unnatural.

I don't mind it as a back protector. In fact, I actually prefer it as a back protector as it won't catch fingerprints.

4. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

I love my PowerSupport AG. What you lose in clarity(just a tiny bit), you make up for by being able to see the screen in the sun

5. yezza macrumors regular

I have an anti-glare on my 4S (Belkin possibly..?). Had a clear on my previous iPhone. The matt is great for doing what it's supposed to do - reduce glare - and another big bonus is not having to constantly wipe the fingerprints away. This particular screen protector also has a very nice feeling to it, somewhat different to a plain clear type.

I've ordered the SGP Ultra Optics for my iPhone 5 when it arrives.

So, if you value screen visibility (not to be confused with quality) and fingerprint resistance over clarity, I recommend you give an anti-glare a try.

6. CatsTide macrumors 6502

I like it for the anti-fingerprint quality...I use a Moshi iVisor AG

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

and ruin the beautiful screen quality of the iphone 5? Why?

AG screen protectors never looked right to me. The iphone 5 is already great when it comes to glare.

The only benefit I can see is if it cuts down on the grease/fingerprints.

8. docprego macrumors 65816

I don't think describing it as a tiny bit is accurate. A lot of people describe it that way but every time I've installed one I could not live with it for more than a few hours. It just degrades the quality of the screen far too much.

The best compromise I have found is the SGP Ultra Optics. It truly does degrade the screen a tiny bit but even so it's nowhere near as clear as a crystal screen protector. I have it on my retina iPad and I find myself thinking about removing it every day even though it's a lot more clear than an anti-glare screen protector.