iPad Anti Reflective Screen on iPad Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by puma1552, Oct 7, 2014.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Do you think this is something you'd want? I note the rumors don't call it an outright antiglare or matte screen, so maybe it would be somewhere between glossy and matte.

I hope this doesn't happen, I have an AG screen protector on my iPhone 6 temporarily and I can't stand it, I like my screens glossy and I like the colors to pop.

Think we are actually going to get a less reflective screen on the iPad Air 2?

2. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

I think an anti-glare coating and a bonded screen is a good thing. I'm not sure you can compare it to a screen protector which is a totally different animal.

3. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

Doesn't the iPhone 6 have this coating already?

4. kazmac macrumors 603

kazmac

While I haven't looked at the 2012 etc. iMacs which have a 75% less-reflective screen in a long while, I remember being pretty impressed as compared to my 2010 iMac.

Glare is an issue during my commute (when I would use the iPad most), but as long as it does not sacrifice readability, clarity and color, I would not object.

I quite liked the iPad rMini until I realized how much I did not like reading or watching movies on it. More to do with gamut than glare.

Apple wants to competitive, so I wouldn't be surprised if the AR-screen debuts with iPA2.

5. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

For everyone who wants a glossy screen, there are those who prefer a matte finish. That's just the way the world is. I am who of those who cannot stand a glossy screen with colors that "pop." So we are different in that respect. I commend Apple on making the screen less reflective but as I have said in other places here, I would rather Apple put their engineering know how into making an iPad with more muscle and computing power. What it looks like the outside, how it feels… - at the end of the day those of us who use iPad to carve out a living, want processing power - not good looks.

6. addictzz macrumors 6502

Will be glad if there is a screen that is not reflective while still making the colors pop.

Been using anti-glare for 2 years on my iphone 5 and everytime I change the screen protector I couldn't be happier to see that colors pop from the naked iphone screen.