anti - reflective screen protector

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by willardhlp, Sep 21, 2009.

1. willardhlp macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the NuShield screen protector specifically the DayVue type. It is supposedly anti-reflective (similar to what you would find on eyeglasses) which differs from anti glare in the way it goes about reducing the reflected light. It should reduce the reflections without making the image blurry. But I wanted to see if anyone else had tried it before giving it a go. It has a money back guarantee including up to 5 bucks for return shipping so I may try it anyways. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I would be getting it for my 13" MBP.

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Just did a Photodon and it wasn't so good. Bad speckling on white pages. I didn't get to return it.

I'm interested to see how this works because as much as I love the display, the glass reflections are a bit much. I was thinking about the Moshi but would like to hear something about any anti-glare films before I waste more money.

Buy it and post results.:p

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've rarely heard any good reports from these antiglare/antireflective protectors. Getting them applied in such away that they're bubble/dust free is nearly impossible and they don't work as advertised. If reflections are an issue, perhaps re-arranging where you use your laptop may be a better option. In my office, I face a window since having light come at me reduces the reflections then having the light coming from behind me.