Anti-Theft case for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by turbodelta, Feb 18, 2015.

1. turbodelta macrumors newbie

Hello,

I'm looking to find a case for the iPhone 4s and 5 to be able to lock the iphone and avoid it being stolen or moved. Kind of like how kensington locks would work on a laptop.

So far the only thing I have found is http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Anti-T..._sbs_pc_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0JQHCYXZ2EF3QX06QVM1

But there isn't any mention of how it's attached (apart from mentioning an adhesive). I also was interested in how iphones are attached at apple stores, even though they are easy to cut since the cable is not reinforced.

Anyone have any ideas?

thank you

2. MHenr macrumors member

This is just stupid. If it's stuck on the device with an adhesive, that lock won't make it any more secure.
    The adhesive is the weakest link.
    And you'll have with a phone with some kind of adapter stuck on the back.

As far as in store security goes, they use adhesive as well. But remove it and an alarm will sound. Cut the cord and the same thing will happen.

Why not keep the phone on your person when you're not at your desk or wherever?

3. turbodelta thread starter macrumors newbie

:rolleyes:

That was an example, since it's the only anti theft 'case' that seems to be easily available.

Also, suggesting I keep it with me defeats the purpose. The phone is to be left in a position to allow staff to use it, but not move it or remove it.

4. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Does it need to be a phone? There are a lot of anti theft kiosk options for ipads out there. Perhaps that would work?

5. turbodelta thread starter macrumors newbie

yep, I know there are tons of ipad anti theft enclosures, but almost none for the iphone...

6. Kisey macrumors 6502a

What about this:
    http://newpcgadgets.com/products/iphone_security_kit/

7. turbodelta thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, I think we have a winner! Thanks so much, this is pretty much what I was looking for.

It's better than a case as its less bulky and still allows it to be placed in a stand eventually.

Thanks again Kisey ;)