Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shanner

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Hello!
What anti-virus software would anyone recommend?
THANK YOU!

SolidGun

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2004
Twin Cities
I don't know which OS you are running, but if you are running OS X, you don't need to worry about viruses so much. I don't think there has been a single virus attack on OS X yet. I guess I could be wrong, but that is one of many things I read about OS X.

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
I don't suggest any antivirus software. For it to earn it's keep it would have to keep you from getting infected with viruses, but since there aren't any viruses on OS X what good will it do you?

The only times I'd recommend using antivirus are if you shared files with Windows users (so you don't spread anything) or if your network administrator requires it. Those conditions apply to hardly anybody.

oldfart

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2004
Albuquerque
Mac Viruses??

shanner said:
Hello!
What anti-virus software would anyone recommend?
THANK YOU!

TechTools Pro.

Read all about it! Use it!

Does other cool stuff too!...and is not as invasive as Norton!

Jalexster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2004
Mail's Junk filter will be fine.

Thats the great thing about True Computers running Mac OS X, unlike Crapboxes running Windows, they don't require any 3rd party software to work. Everything you need is included with the Mac.

ALL HAIL APPLE! FOR THEY ARE THE BEST!

unfaded

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2002
Seattle, WA
OS X viruses don't exist. Actually, two do, but they have never been released onto the web in a malicious form. You really won't need to worry about them.

Don't waste your money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.