Anti Virus software

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mfouks, Oct 30, 2015.

1. mfouks macrumors member

I've had Mac products for years and never had a security problem. I'm just wondering how many people who own Mac products are now putting anti-virus software on their computers. If so which one is the best.

Thanks,

Marsha

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Please do a search for your antivirus questions on this site.
    There's several (dozens, perhaps hundreds) existing threads that discuss a variety of antivirus products, or even the need for such products on OS X. You will even see links to other similar threads on this page when you scroll to the bottom of the posts.

That being said - If you have never had a security problem, that's unlikely to change, whether you install AV software or not.

Just my opinion, the "protection" that you might get from AV software is not worth the performance hit from using it full-time.

3. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

OS X user for over 11 years and I've never felt the need to install anti virus. In fact I've known people who do have it installed on their Macs and have told them to uninstall it.

4. seroposi macrumors member

No anti-virus nor anti-malware and on all counts avoid software such as mackeeper.

5. mfouks thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone for your ideas. I did see some posts on this but they were older so I wasn't sure how relevant old posts would be.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I have never used anti-virus software on any of my Macs.