Antibacterial cleaner on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marty1990, Jul 11, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

So my mum tried to help clean my screen on my iPad whilst I was out the room using antibacterial cleaner, such as Dettol. As soon as I realised I wiped it off, though she only used a small amount on kitchen towels. Is that ok?

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

You're the best one to judge because we can't see the iPad. Does it look okay?

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It won't do nothing to it. The oils in your skin are more damaging than most antibacterial cleaners.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

According to this:

Doesn't seem like this would be very harmful, but at the same time, caramel and castor oil soap are not what I'd want coating the screen and exterior.

What I use is the lens cleaner spray and wipes you can find at eyeglass stores (such as Lenscrafters). It's pretty good at cutting through oils and such, and doesn't leave any residue behind.

5. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, it was only damp, and I wiped it off with a glasses cloth. Just checking it wouldn't cause damage to the screens coating?

6. Enk, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

Enk macrumors newbie

Call Apple care and ask for a replacement.....Seriously, dumb questions everywhere.

7. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I do understand your reasons for concern, but really, did you expect some kind of delayed reaction where six months from now the screen would suddenly melt beneath your fingers? If it doesn't look damaged now, then one should assume there's nothing to worry about. Relax!

8. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah suppose you're right. Guess am concerned about water damage. It's working fine now, and mum just sprayed Febreeze right near it.