Antibacterial Wipes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by USMCWifey07, Aug 17, 2011.

1. USMCWifey07 macrumors member

Does anyone know which are the best known Antibacterial/Cleaning wipes for the iPhone?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Ive read that they can remove the coating off your screen faster than normal wear and tear !

iclean i think is one available.

Google search is your friend.

all I use is a microfibre cloth that came with my case mate jett bumper case.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Yeah, it's best if you just use a micro fiber cloth to clean your phone.

4. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

As someone else mentioned anything like alcohol, etc will ruin your oleophobic coating

any reason for the the germaphobia ?

5. user999991 macrumors newbie

Yes, actually. We have two elementary school children who use our iPad all the time and who can't help but wipe their noses, even unconsciously.

I don't feel like swapping around colds and flus from the screen of the iPad. It's not germ-o-phobia, it's just common sense during cold and flu season to wipe down those surfaces that are touched by lots of kid fingers.

I am still looking around for an answer to this question.

6. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

first. get a screen protector film. then you can use w/e wipes/alcohol u want.

7. whatdoiknw macrumors member

even without the kids, i wouldn't consider it germaphobia...if you believe for example i read this the other day on ars.

in general, phones are probably one of the most contaminated things we carry around. Especially, those people who like to put their phones face down on public tables, bars, etc...

microfibre isnt gonna cut it, lol.

8. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

I personally have a screen protector so I wipe the daylights out of it with an alcohol wipe at least once a day. If you have a naked screen, I would recommend a product like iklear or Monster which kill microbes and also help with fingerprint buildup.