"Antidote" In *Every* Contextual Menu After Office '08 Installation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rohopish, Sep 26, 2008.

1. rohopish macrumors member

Hey everyone!

Okay, so I caved to curiosity and installed Office '08. Didn't like it one bit compared to iWork so I uninstalled the thing. Problem is, even after uninstallation (as per Mactopia.com's "professional" instructions), some contextual menu items (things that show up when I right click in text fields) remain; each starting with "Antidote -".

I know this is a French spelling/grammar checking checking program as I was using it in Word, but alas it remains on my Mac even after getting rid of Office and shows up in every app (Safari text fields, Pages, etc.).

Does anyone know how to possibly get rid of this? It's quite annoying!

Thanks so much.

-Bob

Attached Files:

2. sjalfr macrumors newbie

sjalfr

Antidote

Hi,

Antidote is not part of Office. It is a programme on its own. Haven't you installed it yourself? If so, just uninstall Antidote and the contextual menu should disappear. Antidote is made to work with most text editors, spreadsheets, mail, web browsers, etc. that is why it appears it those menus.

Good luck

3. rohopish thread starter macrumors member

It was Antidote's fault!

Thanks for the fast reply. I actually did have Antidote installed a long time ago, but uninstalled it. Then when I recently installed Office '08, it actually does it's spell checking/grammar checking for French by installing Antidote (i.e. it's included on the Office '08 installation disc).

I thought that it was that copy which had remained. Turns out, Antidote didn't get rid of it's plug-ins/p-lists after uninstallation. Quite sloppy if you ask me lol. So I did a quick search for "antidote" and deleted everything. Problem solved.

Thanks so much for your help.

-Bob