Antiglare LCD Broken??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by VaioGrave, Jun 13, 2014.

1. VaioGrave macrumors newbie

Hi all, so I'm thinking of selling my late MBP with antiglare, but when I checked it out today I noticed noticed that the entire bottom of the screen has like a huge horizontal flashlight coming out of it.

I took it to a Genius and they would replace the screen but for $500 since I'm out of warranty. Techrestore would charge $300. Maybe I'm just sensitive to this stuff, but I feel like people will notice if I try to sell it now. Any advice:confused:

PS. I took it to a Genius when I did have a warranty, but he said he didn't notice anything. And truth be told it went away with a restart. But when I restart it now, it seems to be gone for a few minutes but then comes back. What's going on?

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

You should have told the second Genius about your first visit while it was under warranty when they did nothing about your problem. Their records should confirm the story. They should repair/replace this at no charge because they mishandled it while under warranty.

3. VaioGrave thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow really? Thanks. Is it up to the discretion of the Genius or is this like a real defect that they have to fix instead of something like cosmetics?

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Sounds like a manufacturing defect. They should replace it. :)