Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsig

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Marina del Rey, CA
Hello, I have a iMac and the glossy display is killing me. Is there any good way yo make it matte?

I know there are several antiglare films but all the reviews I read are quite negative.

Thanks

Zortrium

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
Probably not the answer you want to hear, but I'd just try pointing it away from a window. The iMac glare drives me nuts if it's facing a window but there's no problem at all if it isn't.

macsig

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Marina del Rey, CA
actually I did, it doesn't face any window but it is still pretty unclear.

Moreover I'm thinking to buy a MacBook to use when I'm out and I can't always find a dark place.

Thanks

pinback pro

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
Is your iMac's brightness all the way up? I find it hard to notice because of how bright the screen is.

+1 on that. i've never noticed glare, and its right next to a window. but we have the screen optimized for photo editing, and its pretty bright.

i love the glossy screen...for movies and the like, you can't beat it:cool:

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
There isn't much you can do about the glare. You can get a cover for the screen, but that degrades quality by sooo much. Turn the brightness all the way up and turn off any lights. I have a monitor with a glossy screen and it is very hard not to have any glare. As long as my brightness is higher then it is hardly noticeable. It's only when I'm playing my 360 and I get into dark rooms and stuff that I can't see anything. But the contrast of colours is totally worth it!

MrJingles

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2007
Super Shine

Hello, I have a iMac and the glossy display is killing me. Is there any good way yo make it matte?

I know there are several antiglare films but all the reviews I read are quite negative.

Yep do what I did and buy a 2nd monitor if it drives you crazy. Not the most economical solution but hey some people can't take the super shine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.