Antivirius on a Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by P71Jeff, Oct 12, 2015.

1. P71Jeff macrumors newbie

I'm real sorry if this has been covered on here already, But I just got hit hard for a computer scam on my PC yesterday, And just want know from you folks if it would be a good idea or not and if yes what would you recommend for antivirus on my 6s,Please be honest about this because after what happened Sunday I have real trust issue now, Thank You Very Much In Advance

2. Jayjew macrumors 6502

Jayjew

iPhones can not get viruses.

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nope. As long as you aren't jail broken (which you can't be on the 6S) and downloading scummy apps from shady sites then you're fine.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

As of now there's nothing to worry about on the latest stock ios.
    Knock on wood, hope we never need to install antivirus on our phones.

5. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

Other than the XCODE thing, that hit China, Apple has to screen / approve all apps in the app store. So you're not going to get one there unless they really drop the ball.

Since you have to have a signed application, or beta delivery system, you can't just hit a site and have it maliciously launch an app on you.

Long story short... you're good unless you jailbreak, and then all beta are off.

6. doboy macrumors 68000

Even though there are no viruses on the iPhone I would be careful with downloading apps from unknown or less well known developers as a general precaution. Try to stick with apps that have good rep and/or from large developers.

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just to be clear and for the record. The actual act of jailbreaking does not immediately bestow you with a virus.

What you do AFTER you jailbreak COULD lead to malware, but just because you jailbreak does not mean it automatically will.

There's enough misconceptions and outright falsehoods about jailbreaking out there already.

8. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Agreed. Jailbreaking entails some responsibility. I've been at it since the original 74-step jailbreak and never had a problem. Just don't use shady repos or sites.

9. techspin macrumors 6502a

True. Just because you leave your car unlocked doesn't mean you'll get jacked.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No, but it also doesn't mean you park in bad neighborhoods or neighborhoods without controlled entries and security gates. ;)

11. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Also, when you sit in the car with a gun, folks tend to leave you alone. :D

12. willmtaylor, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I read this post and thought to myself, "That sounds like @eyoungren , but that's not his avatar." Then I saw the sig and then the username.

Netscape? :eek: Feeling nostalgic? :)

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL! Yeah. I got my start on MR in the PowerPC Mac users forum so the avatar has some relevance. :D

15. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

16. P71Jeff thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok folks Thank You again for the info, By way this thing that happened to me on Sunday I reported to the FBI that's how bad it was

17. old-wiz macrumors G3

Most of the scams people run into these days depend on people not paying attention or not being aware of the way the internet works. For example, the infamous "I work for microsoft and we have detected that your computer is sending ou..." depends on people not realizing that a. Microsoft doesn't do that and b. there is no practical way for any scammer to find out the phone number of the person using any computer.

18. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Cool story, bro...

C

19. springerj macrumors member

I was standing in Staples yesterday and some guy came up to the customer service desk and said someone from Google had called him and told him he had viruses. Wanted Staples to clean his system. He was still running XP.