Antivirus software while in Parallels

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Halcyon, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

So I got Parallels Desktop to check some of the web pages I develop on different platforms (XP, Linux, etc.)...but when running IE I got all kind of warnings with bells and whistles warning me about probable virus, so I guess it's time to get some antivirus and spyware software specifically for this.

I've read on other threads that even if a virus gets through (I don't see how not if I'm running XP and IE) it won't harm my computer. I can agree with that, but I've noticed that running IE on XP (while on PArallels of course) is getting very slow and lots of warning popping up make it unbearable.

Any suggestions on antivirus, spyware, etc. to purchase and install (if freeware, even better)?

TIA

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

IE6 or 7

If it is 6 switch to Firefox or something else.

AVG

3. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

AVG as suggested is a great free AV program. Get windows defender for spyware, it's free too.

4. DennisMitchell macrumors newbie

Several customized versions of AVG AntiVirus, including AVG Anti-virus 9.0 and AVG Internet Security 9.0, makes it one of the most in-demand antivirus software.

5. waynep macrumors 6502

Get Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, seems to work well and is not a resource hog.

6. NogbadTheBad macrumors regular

NogbadTheBad

What Wayne said :)