Ants everywhere how to get rid of them?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gatepc, Oct 31, 2010.

1. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Alright so I don't eat in my room or anything but for a few months now I have been getting ants in my room. Well... for about the last month I have been seeing the ants coming out of my macbook pro and cinema display. Well now its gotten real bad and I can find 30 ants in less then 10 mins . Now as I type this there is an ant on the underside glass of my cinema display!!! I hope that it gets out I don't want a dead ant permanently on my display. What is the best way to get rid of these things. I heard that the reason there are ants in my computer is because they are attracted to electric fields. I have triad running my cpu and gpu @100% to try and cook them and I think it worked for a few days on the macbook pro but I have no way of doing that for the cinema display.

On a side note its kinda of funny that I can kill ants in my macbook pro by running my gpu and cpu at max lol.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

boric acid (powder) and sugar. We ordered a gallon tub of the web.

Its safe for pets but deadly to ants.

mix 2 parts boric with 1 part sugar. place on index cards and let them eat it.

they take the boric acid back to the next and kill themselves.

very effective and safe for people and pets.

3. gatepc thread starter macrumors 6502

gatepc

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Any hardware or home improvement store will have a dozen or so products for killing ants whether indoors or out.