Anxiosly Waiting...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poat84, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I am Anxiosly waiting for my Sprint contract to end so I can pick up the iphone 3g. I want the 16gb (white) iphone. :D

I've never switched over to a different phone company before, so how do I go about doing that? I also want to transfer my number to AT&T

What programs do you recommend I get?

Ima need help on how to install everything, so Ima turn to this forum.

I hate when people talk bad about the iphone. It gets on my nerve.:mad:

2. Pared macrumors 65816

Just go to AT&T and they will take care of everything. You don't even have to call Sprint to cancel once your contract is up.

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I switched from Sprint a month ago after being with them for 8 years. That comment by Dan Hesse about Android not being good enough for the Sprint label just confirmed that I was on a sinking ship and I best jump off.

Go to app store in iTunes and read about "most popular" and "staff pics" as well as read the internets.

OK. But, it's very simple. It's just a matter of clicking "install" in the app store.

Settle down. :)

4. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Congrats!

As kas said, go to an ATT store and they will make it as painless as possible.

In the mean time to get ready, start going to toucharcade.com and appshopper.com to check out what's is new.

and of course, the itunes app store. plan on spending lots of time there!
    :)

5. Pared macrumors 65816

...uh yeah kas, great advice.

:p

6. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

7. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

When people say they hack their phone what all does that do?

What is the 2.2 software? Do I download that?

What is the best clear case to buy? I ont want scratches on my phone or fingerprints.:eek:

8. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

I heard the iphone doesnt send picture mail. Is there a download that can fix that?:(

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

MMS? No.

10. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

If you jailbreak it, you can

11. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

Damn I just heard the iphone doesny have insurance. I also heard if you dont hack your phone right you can ruin it.

12. scott99 macrumors 6502a

You hear some weird stuff, lol. They do have Apple Care that you can buy for your iphone for insurance protection (though I never did that, buy a good case and be careful, lol). Also, I have never hacked my phone, and I love it, it does have some missing things, like MMS and no cut and paste, but t's the best phone/gadget/smartphone I've ever owned. I also have switched from Sprint (Palm Treo 700p), way back in Set 2007, first buying the original iPhone, and now have the iPhone 3G. I was NOT able to keep my phone number, but that's because I had a California # and now live in NYC.

13. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

It is impossible, and I do mean impossible, that you will ruin it. If you follow the steps, you will get it easily

14. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

lol i went to 2 AT&T stores and talked to customer service people who had the iphone. They told me they dont offer insurance for the iphone. They were the ones that told me if i dont hack the phone right i would ruin it and and insurance doesnt cover it.

15. Poat84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Poat84

What about "Jail Break"? What exactly is that?

16. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Look, there are two things. Jailbreaking and Unlocking.
    You unlock your Iphone, so you can use it with another carrier.
    And you Jailbreak it so you can get Cydia and Installer, which are like the appstore. And believe me, it is IMPOSSIBLE to ruin your phone by doing this. Because if something happens, an error, or whatever, you can restore, and BAM! back to normal.

17. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Congrats (well soon hehe) and welcome to the iPhone family.

Before anything else, I want you to get introduced to the iPhone accessories forum, and trust me you'll definitely need at least one accessory for your iPhone - first to mention is a case. You could search the threads there for pictures, current user reviews, and ask questions - just make sure to use Search first ;) There's tons of accessories out there for the iPhone, it's crazy! :D

Next, once you're set up with AT&T, don't forget to visit/ask someone for a referral so both you and the referrer could earn a $25 AT&T gift card. It's really helpful.