Any '09 Mac Pro Quads Sleep Correctly?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by whyrichard, Dec 5, 2009.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey guys,

It seems that many have had problems with their '09 Mac Pro Quad not going to sleep...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1847877&start=0&tstart=0

...i've tried everything and it doesn't sleep at the interval in energy pref's... manually it works, scheduled it works. I have to use a little program called "Please Sleep" --that works. but I was wondering...

...Does anyone have an '09 Mac Pro Quad that DOES sleep at the designated interval in the energy pref's? Or is it a hardware issue?

...I am about to reinstall EVERYTHING from scratch, the user account, each program.... everything. I can't believe how much time i've wasted fixing my new $3000 mac since Snow Leopard.

thanks,

r.

2. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

I don't use the auto sleep function (I manually sleep it) but I can try it out later and let you know if it's working on mine or not.

3. smacman macrumors 6502

Are you by any chance dual booting into Windows 7 64bit? I have found that if I dual boot into Win7, when returning to OSX, something goes wrong in the SMC. Hard Disks go into a strange cycle of sleeping and waking even though I have "Put the Hard Disks to Sleep when possible" unchecked. This sleeping/waking/sleeping cycle somehow inhibits system sleep.

The solution to the above problem is to perform a shutdown and SMC reset every time you are finished in Win7 and returning to OSX.

4. BillB50 macrumors member

I have an MP Quad 2.93 that sleeps properly and according to the energy settings. I also BC Win7, but have not experienced issues.