Any 2010 owners holding out for Haswell?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 2IS, Sep 29, 2012.

1. 2IS macrumors 68030

Just wondering how many 2010 owners are waiting for a Haswell equipped MBA before upgrading? That's been my plan for a while, and after playing around with a clients 2012 MBA, Haswell can't come soon enough. I was surprised at just how much snappier it was than my 2010 even for relatively basic tasks. Dont know if it was the CPU, faster SSD or a combination of the two, but there was an appreciable difference in performance with just about everything I did.

2. Mac32 macrumors 6502a

I'm holding out for the Haswell, and I have no problem with it either. It still works great, but I didn't fall for the temptation to upgrade Snow Leopard (which is a bad idea IMO). I have the '11 2010 ultimate version, though..

3. blesscheese macrumors 6502a

blesscheese

Well, 2009 owner here...I generally don't bother upgrading unless the new rig is 3x or 4x faster than the new rig (since it takes me *that* long to get my old stuff on, figure out what doesn't work on the new rig, and if I'm going to upgrade or do without).

Plus, I'm still running WinXP on my bootcamp partition, so, again, not in a rush to upgrade.