Any 27" Ultimate Builds in Apple Stores?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jiholl, Dec 20, 2012.

1. jiholl macrumors member

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a 27" with Fusion Drive and other upgrades in an Apple Store?....sometimes they do have an "ultimate" build of certain devices? Thanks

2. memory-minus macrumors member

I hear they have an "ultimate" SKU for the 27" including 3.4 i7 / 16GB / 680MX / 1TB Fusion in the stores. Might be hard to find -- call before you go.

3. macpro2000 macrumors 6502a

I would think ultimate would mean 3TB...ill have to order online. :(

4. torana355 macrumors 68020

Apple would be smart to look at what combination is selling the most and selling it in stores but i don't see it happening for a while. I would say the 27" i7 with 680mx, 8GB ram and 1TB fusion would be a very popular BTO.

5. memory-minus macrumors member

I have heard conflicting reports on whether this "ultimate" in-store config has 8 or 16GB of RAM, but I am quite sure it doesn't include the 3TB Fusion -- probably because it's an expensive (US$400 over base), relatively niche upgrade.

6. snugja macrumors regular

Or the SSD :D

7. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Humm.... Last time I was at the Apple Store they did not even have any 27's on display. Just the 21. I think I will stop out today and have a look. Though when I was considering the 21, all the store had in stock was the 2 base models. No Fusion in anything. :mad: That led me to order online, then I figured why not go 27". :D

8. dwayne88 macrumors newbie

I asked in my local Apple store and they are stocking a model that has the i7/8GB/1TB Fusion but they have received very few of them and already have a waiting list for the additional models that are coming in.

9. vhp3 macrumors regular

YES, i picked one up last Saturday after calling / stopping by all 7 apple stores in my area:

This is the 'ultimate' one that they do/will carry:

3.4 i7 / 8GB / 680MX (2GB) / 1TB

The business team didn't even know he had one in stock, but one of the floor reps did...Just keep trying!

10. Toonces9966 macrumors newbie

Has anyone from Canada picked up a system 27' from an Apple store?

11. TweakOnline macrumors regular

TweakOnline

Yep, I think that's the best way to get it. :)

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I checked with the two apple stores here in Columbus, OH and neither had any 27". The one at Easton said that they had no iMacs period. Wait for me:(

13. Gelite55 macrumors regular

I called my store and they said they only carry the baseline models of each size model. Not to mention they were sold out of iMac's completely.

14. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Called my store and asked if they had ANY 27's in stock and they said they had none at all. Looks like I wait till the one I ordered online ships sometime in January.

15. Imperius*Rex macrumors newbie

hey guys, first time poster long time lurker. Got my first iMac and wanted to wait to see how the reviews came in. Wanting it prior to close of 2012 I had a friend call his business rep and they had one in stock. Picked it up and so far all 100%. Said they are receiving 3-4 of the 27 ultimate's per day right now and maybe 8-10 of other 21-27 configurations. They are out there just need to be patient and call every day.