Any 3-rd party music managers which will work with IPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LCatGA, Feb 16, 2008.

1. LCatGA macrumors newbie

I'm a new ITouch user and in a last 7 hours I discovered what I absolutly hate iTunes - it still tries to import my 80,000 song library of MP3s. It took me 4 years t build it, importing my 5000+ CD collection and filtering out dobles, tagging it right, etc. I need a software which is good collection manager and works with ITouch . Any suggestions or I should take my 32 Gb back to the CircutCity. Also is there any other player applications for it as I dislike interface for use in a moving car - position bar is too small, buttons can be bigger, etc
    Do not mind paying for it

Thanks for any suggestions

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

I don't know why iTunes sucks for you...unfortunately there is no other solution when it coems to the touch so you'll have to use iTunes...but what exactly is wrong? It imports your entire library but you can delete songs from there, and there is an option to find the doubles in your library and then delete those as necessary. And, you can choose to sync only checked songs so that they go on your touch only and on your iTunes library all your songs are still there.

I don't know, maybe jailbreaking has "fixed" the player?

3. jjaenagle macrumors member

4. LCatGA thread starter macrumors newbie

Preformance of I'tunes sucks It's still working on "analysing gupless playback". Applayng changes to multiple MP3 files is way slow.

5. mekopolis macrumors regular

manual sync

I always manual sync everything in itunes...

just browse your music and or movie library in itunes, then click and drag into your ipod

to manually sync on the touch, just goto your device, and on the summary page, click manually sync music and videos

and on the other tabs, you can manually sync as needed

although auto photo sync works well..i set up a folder on my desktop and auto sync photos from there...and when i want to add or remove photes, i do it directly from that folder, and everytime i connect my touch, it auto updates the contents of that folder