Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I'm quasi-tempted for the new iPhone, I say quasi because I'm not drawn all that much to the iPhone 6 but rather the IP6+.

I don't see many advantages that the iPhone 6 has over my 5c, sure it has the fingerprint scanner, better processor etc, but generally speaking my usage experience will not be markedly different with the 6 over the 5c. AFAIK.

I'm tempted by the IP6+ because I've been wanting a larger iPhone for some time, in fact I went to the Nokia Lumia for a short period of time because I wanted a larger phone (I came back because iOS/iPhone was a better fit for me).

Anyways making a long story short. Any 5C owners switching to the iPhone 6, if so why? Not switching, if so why?

blcfla

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2013
I'm using a 5S so not quite same boat but, I might skip this upgrade simply because the 6 only real new feature is the screen upgrade, and I'm not quite sure I want a bigger screen/device, going to wait and see in store. I buy off-contract so even selling my 5S I'd have to pony up $300+ for .7" screen lol

So yeah I'll probably cheap out this time and see if they do something new with the next model, I was hoping for a better camera or something a little more tempting. That being said, if I was in the market for the 6+ I could justify it a lot easier...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
So yeah I'll probably cheap out this time and see if they do something new with the next model, I was hoping for a better camera or something a little more tempting. That being said, if I was in the market for the 6+ I could justify it a lot easier...

Seeing everyone pre-order the 6/6+ definitely tempted me. So far in comparing the two phones (5c vs. the 6), I've come to the conclusion that there's not a lot of differences between the two . at least not enough to justify using my subsidized pricing on it.

The 6+ on the other had represents a bit more and I may take the plunge on that, depending on availability,i.e., if I can't find any when I switch to ATT, I'll just bring my 5C over to ATT instead.

ilp

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
I'm switching to the 6. 5C was awesome, but I want the better camera.

soniasim

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
Any 5c owners going to the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6+?

I' m in the exact same position, I own a 5c that I really enjoy and I'm tempted to upgrade to the 6 Plus, due to the larger screen... I really love the look and feel of the 5c when I hold it in my hands and the fact that it looks like a phone, you know.

I'm not really sure I'm ready to move to a phablet, as I use the 5c one-handed most of the times I'm out in the street.
I've been imagining cases where I won't be able to do this when I get the Plus, like for example when I'm in a rush on the road, it's freakin' rainy and I gotta hold my umbrella in one hand and my phone in the other to send a quick message.
Or, when I'm in the supermarket, dragging the stroller with one hand and trying to check/uncheck items on my onscreen shopping list...

Can think of at least other 10 similar cases that will find me struggling with that monstruous screen, but still, I'm so tempted by the fact that I won't have to carry my iPad with me everywhere, so I guess I'll give it a try and give my 5c to my mother, as a gift... If I don't like it, I can always sell it and get the 6.
I think I prefer having tried a phablet and know what it is all about, so that I avoid similar future purchases if it's not of my taste, instead of always being curious how it'd be to own one :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.