Any 6 owners held a 4s or older model recently?

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
I have a friend who has an iPhone 4 at work. He wanted me to send something to my email on his phone, and when I held that phone it all of a sudden seemed like a freakin' chiclet.

I got used to the iPhone 6 way quicker than I thought I would. At first I was definitely thrown by it being bigger than the 5s and a little harder to use. But now a lot of the things are second-nature -- such as trying to lock the screen with the new lock button position. When I do something on my parents' phones, I still initially go for the right side.

Anybody else the same way? Anybody with an iPhone 6 Plus experienced uber mini iPhone syndrome?

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
I held my 5S and 4 after getting the 6 Plus. The 4 felt like a toy, a pain to use. There's no going back now, even to the 5S.

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
I came from the 5 and when I went into work a couple of weeks ago, a co-worker was like, hey is that the new 6? I was like yea the 6+. She asked to see it and then I saw her phone.. it looked sooo thick and small, I was like are you gonna get rid of your IP4, she was like I can't, it's the 5S and I have to wait.:eek:

It looked soo beat up, old and small. I can't imagine ever going back.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Yes, I was restoring a couple for the AT&T trade in. Amazing how tiny the phones feel now. Feels like they're toys. The screen also generally seems really crappy compared to the new ones.

I kinda understand how android people felt now

teabonesteak

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
own a 6+.. at first i felt it was a good multimedia device and the 5/5s was the best phone size. after looking at a 5 again and even though i like the size for every day use, i dont think i can go back.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I've commented on this in other threads already. I'm a Plus owner. My 5 feels like a dinky little Barbie phone now. So tiny! So cute! Like something a little Hobbit would use.

ihonda

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2009
I miss the ease of use of the 5S compared to the 6+, the 4 feels like a Motorola startac. But I did think if the 4 had next to no bezel and it was thinner it would be nice

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Try using one of this it is more fun:

Ah yes, I had one of those in the 90's....an iPhone 7+

I kept my first iPhone ( 3G-16GB ) I ever had because it has a cool burn mark on it from when it got hit by a bottle rocket in a bar room brawl in a small town coal mining watering hole while it was in my pocket. I was photographing the place as part of a magazine piece....it literally saved my a$$, lol!

I pulled it out of storage when I got my 6 because it is the first new phone to go back to those curved edges that I actually liked on the 3.

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I had to use my 4S a week ago in order to retrieve my 6. It felt stupid small. I do love the size of the 4S, but I got used to the size of the 6 pretty quickly. I still don't like that I have to take it out of my pocket whenever I sit down though.

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
I have the Plus and really love it. I never thought I would say that either.

Grabbed a friend's phone this weekend cause they left it behind. I thought it was the 4 because it was so small but it was the 5! I cannot believe how much smaller it is and hard to view.

justindavis098

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2014
Any 6 owners held a 4s or older model recently?

No going back at this point. Sold my 4s and went to clear it off and had to squint to see what I was doing lol

areyes163

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Glad to hear everyone is enjoying their phones. I got laughed at by family when I left my iPhone 5 a d got the note 3. Everyone said it was to big and laughed. Now those same people have the 6 plus and are in love. I'm like. Told you. Larger screen was better lol. Glad everyone here is enjoying their devices. I'm currently waiting for my Note 4 while my wife awaits her plus to arrive. Happy days.

thefeebster

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2012
Had the 6, returned it and now back with the 4. Not as big of a change as some mention tbh. There's no need to put down an older/smaller phone just because you have the 6.

Crazy Badger

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2008
Scotland
I've been wiping my old 4S to give to my mum, exporting and removing some of the 40GB+ of photos from my girlfriends 5, whilst getting to grips with my new 6 :D

I still think in years to come, the 4/4S will be considered as the classic iPhone design. Feels great in the hand, with a nice weight, although after 2 (3 if you include the 6+) screen size updates it does seem pretty small now.

I'm still missing my old 5, and whilst it took a little while to get used to it from the 4S I don't think it will be as long as the move from 5 to 6. Initially it felt too long, and lacked the weight I liked in the 4S. Switching between a 4S and 5 now, I would choose the 5 everyday. I didn't have a 5S, but think this would have been perfect for me as I'm loving the touch id, but no point buying old tech!

I'm sure I'll eventually get used to the 6, but hope Apple are done now making things thinner and bigger. Something tells me they're not :rolleyes:

eric.john

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2011
I held my 5S and 4 after getting the 6 Plus. The 4 felt like a toy, a pain to use. There's no going back now, even to the 5S.
^^ This. I gave my mom my 5s for her to upgrade from her 4. After getting used to the 6+ setting up my mom's 5s was a pain.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
For some reason I can't t upload photos from my phone. But I have a picture with a first gen iPhone next to my plus and damn that thing was puny.

rui no onna

macrumors 604
Oct 25, 2013
I have a friend who has an iPhone 4 at work. He wanted me to send something to my email on his phone, and when I held that phone it all of a sudden seemed like a freakin' chiclet.

I got used to the iPhone 6 way quicker than I thought I would. At first I was definitely thrown by it being bigger than the 5s and a little harder to use. But now a lot of the things are second-nature -- such as trying to lock the screen with the new lock button position. When I do something on my parents' phones, I still initially go for the right side.

Anybody else the same way? Anybody with an iPhone 6 Plus experienced uber mini iPhone syndrome?
Not at all. I can easily go from 6 to 4/4S or 5/5s. The 6 Plus, I've tried but after dropping it for the 5th time (either fell out of pocket or slipped through fingers even with case), I've decided it's just not for me. Granted, I'm running iOS 5 on the 4 and iOS 6 on the 4S so no slowdown on those. The 5/5c and iPad 4 with A6/A6X CPU run surprisingly decent on iOS 8. The only thing I'd really, really miss from the older models is TouchID and better cameras. :p

stuffradio

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Before my 6 Plus, I was on an iPhone 4. It instantly felt/looked so small and unbelievable. I couldn't stop laughing when comparing them side by side.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I have an iPhone 4 tucked away for a rainy day (backup phone). I picked it up last night and I felt like I was a human using a Hobbit-sized prop from Lord of the Rings.