Any ACHIEVA Shimian QH270 users on here?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bimmeracer, Apr 23, 2012.

1. bimmeracer macrumors regular

After a lot of research, I am considering picking up this monitor to use with my MacBook Pro for photo and video editing.
    I was wondering if there are any people on here that uses this setup. If so, how do you like it?

I have narrowed my choices down to the Achieva, Dell U2412M, Benq and Viewsonic VX2336S.

2. wagsrules macrumors newbie

I have the Achieva no tempered glass. I intended to get the tempered glass but I'm glad I didn't. Perfect amount of gloss without being to reflective. Great monitor. No problems with the power supply and no dead or stuck pixels.

3. servant119b macrumors newbie

Please Help

I bought an ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-IPSI 27". I hooked it up to a mid-2011 27" iMac using a mini-display port to dvi-d adapter. It is in dual screen mode. The iMac detects the monitor and its 2560x1440 resolution and let's you drag windows over to it, but the problem is nothing shows up on the QH270 monitor. The monitor is slightly backlit but totally blank. In my imac control panel in the display section when you select "Gather Windows" it shows a window for DVI monitor but doesn't have any resolutions listed.

What do I need to do to get this monitor working on this iMac? Even if it's complicated, please tell me. Thanks.