Any advantage to having an iPod with you iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iking, Dec 15, 2007.

1. iking macrumors newbie

I will get my iPhone Monday and like to use a different MP3 player when I exercise. Right now I have a Sandisk Sansa and wondered if their are any advantages to owning an iPod shuffle or something since I will be an iPhone owner.

2. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Well Im not completely sure how you get songs onto your Sandisk mp3 player, but you cant get much easier than iTunes, but besides that, no, there isnt any advantage after you get your iPhone than before...

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

If you buy songs from the iTunes music store then there is an advantage to having a shuffle as you can sync these songs to it easier than the Sandisk. I've got a shuffle that I use purely for exercise - I know Belkin have produced an armband for the iPhone but IMO the iPhone is a bit big to wear like that when out jogging!

4. macrat macrumors regular

With the DLO Horizontal case, I used my iPhone the entire length of the Honolulu Marathon last Sunday - listening to music and taking calls. Used a Shure adapter/microphone and Sennheiser sports headset. :D I also used it while going through my 3 month marathon training program.

Trust me, the iPhone is not as fragile as it looks.

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

thanks for the tip - I'll have a look at those. I'd only seen the armbands and didn't really fancy having the phone on my arm