Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
It is my understanding (which is very limited on this subject) that a jailbroke phone on AT&T still cannot MMS. Is this correct? If so, what other advanted might I gain from jailbreaking?

Thanks much for any help.

fleep

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
It is my understanding (which is very limited on this subject) that a jailbroke phone on AT&T still cannot MMS. Is this correct? If so, what other advanted might I gain from jailbreaking?

Thanks much for any help.

fleep

you can mms via an app, not native if jailbreak

you can theme
you can tether
you can run apps in background
you can do alot of things

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
but jailbreaking doesn't appear to help with searching. :confused: :)

Well close down the message board. I'm 99.9% of all questions have been asked before. If you choose not to answer, then don't answer.

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
you can mms via an app, not native if jailbreak

you can theme
you can tether
you can run apps in background
you can do alot of things

Duke, what do you mean not native if jailbreak? Does this mean I can get an app on an iphone that is not jailbroken to MMS or it must be jailbroken to MMS? Thanks much for any info.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Duke, what do you mean not native if jailbreak? Does this mean I can get an app on an iphone that is not jailbroken to MMS or it must be jailbroken to MMS? Thanks much for any info.

native as in its not incorportated with att per say. you have to download an app, i believe swirly mms and i think thats like 5 bucks or something. note that this is a jailbroken app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.