Any advantages to buying at a store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Megiddo, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Megiddo macrumors newbie

The nearest Apple retail store is 2 hours away from me. Are there any advantages to buying from the store as opposed to online? Thanks!

2. sahni130 macrumors 6502

sahni130

you get your computer sooner. you can get help from real people.

3. Jimmizilla macrumors newbie

Ditto.

You get it sooner, and there's literally 25 people in a store (at peak hours) standing there waiting to help you. I find myself always going to the store (1 hour away from my house) to purchase stuff instead of from the online store because I like talking to the mac guys (And showing them up).

Edit:
    Oh, and some of the people will do things for you that the online store wont. I went in there today to buy a .Mac and I told them I bought my MBP a week ago (which I did). The guy gave me the $30 discount.

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

yes, you will get it in about 2 hours.. lol

and have the chance of test driving the products before your finale purchase

5. nayxn2nayxn macrumors member

with gas prices 4.69/ gallon, i think we should rethink it lol

6. thebrain74 macrumors regular

Seriously you guys, have you all forgotten about the sweet white draw bag ya get, I mean c'mon:)

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I didn't know they still had those. I haven't gotten one of those in about a year.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

they dont give you a bag for the mb/mbp... u dont even need it

9. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Theres no advantage to buying at apple.com, both places will have the same prices and youll have to pay tax at both places. At the store youll get it sooner which is worth a bit of money usually.

If you are going to buy online then get it from a reseller like macmall, amazon, newegg, etc. Sometimes those places have specials going on or sales that the official Apple stores never have. Plus they dont charge tax in most states which can save you a ton of money.